Well, two steps forward and one step back. I finally installed the oiler parts that Novakon had sent me under warranty. The issue was that there were large leaks at the inlet and outlet of the oiler manifold located in the column. The metal-covered flex oil lines were coming in at an odd angle and so the compression fittings had not sealed properly. Novakon sent me a couple of 90 degree fittings and new compression inserts to fix the problem.

Installing the compression inserts over the plastic oil line wasn't working - they just would not go on. I eventually discovered there was a large burr on the inside diameter of the compression inserts. I used a series of my gage pins as a makeshift way of opening up the ID. This allowed me to get the new parts assembled. Not a lot of fun as the working space in the column is limited at best.

Success! No more leaks at the column oil manifold.

Bummer! The oiler handle still goes down in under a minute. I discovered what looks like a new oil leak under the table.

So I assume I have to take off the table in order to find and fix the oiler problem under the table. Any tips or tricks or advice on removing the table and then reinstalling the table later? I should probably measure the backlash of the table now so I know what to shoot for during reassembly.

Titaniumboy