What are your tolerance requirements on the aluminum and steel parts? The PlasmaCam table is considered a hobby class table....the Dynatorch machine is just above the hobby class....often referred to as "light industrial" tables. If you are looking for best productivity, tolerance, and repeatability (depending on your needs) you may need to look at higher end precision cnc machines as well as high definition clas plasma systems. There is certainly a wide range of accuracy expectations, machine pricing expectations and plasma system expectations that will all affect the parts being cut. 4 x 4 machines can start at pricess under $10k, and go as high as $80k depending on your needs and expectations in regards to productivity and accuracy.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by burnthills View Post
Good afternoon all,

Looking to get some input on the best system for the price. I am looking for a 4x4 table for my company to cut up to 1/8" thick aluminum (6061 and 5052 series) as well as up to .06" mild steel.

The tolerances are important as we make electronics testing product, not only art and signs.

I'm an advanced CNC programmer and machinist but have not had experience with plasma yet, only 3D milling and 2D water jet.

What do people recommend for a company to go to for the 4x4 table? Is it best to pick out your table brand and torch brand separately?

It seems, and this is my opinion only before trying, that PlasmaCAM is more for art and signs whereas Dynatorch is more for industrial mechanical parts - at least from their website and customer focus.

Can I get some feedback from experienced users? What do you love/hate about your machine and what type of maintenance/repairs do you find yourself doing repeatedly?

Thanks and regards
Alex