587,684 active members*
3,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ozito Cols Cut saw

Bunnings at least at my Local which is Kirrawee currently have a special on Ozito Cold saws for ferous metal cutting at $99.00 normally $159.00 these have a three year replacement warranty and will cut up to 50mm by 50mm Square and 75.. by 45mm in Rectangular section as well as 50mm round all up to 6mm wall thickness with the standard 180mm Diameter Blade and will take a 185mm Diameter blade.

Now they are no MACC or Brobo Cold Saw but would be streets ahead of any Hot Saw, Certainly not a Production Saw but for the price good value for Hobby or Home light duty use,they run a 1250 watt Motor which is considerably better then most cheapies so well worth a look.
    Reasonably solid unit for the Money, Heck just where do you get a Cold saw thesae days for that sort of outlay So heads up worth a look and no doubt could be ordered in to your Local Store if not in Stock.

After all who likes using a Hot Saw if there is an option and Hacksaws and Angle Grinders rate a poor second at best, Quick change Vice and cuts straight or up to 45 Degrees, I might add I have not even seen this product before in Bunnings.

Re: Ozito Cols Cut saw

I've got a GMC handheld cold saw that's performed brilliantly - I once "ripped" 600mm length of 70x20mm flat bar down to 65mm - it took a while, but the cut was accurate, clean and at most a bit warm.

That said, what I've seen in the US, and haven't seen much of in Oz is a cold chop saw - oddly Bunnings sell a 14" Irwin TCT blade for one, but no saw to put it in. When I last Googled, the only unit I found was a Dewalt for about $650 from memory. If it was priced a bit better, I'd get one in a heartbeat as they look to perform so much nicer than an abrasive chop saw.

Re: Ozito Cols Cut saw

Well I bought one and it cuts clean and surprisingly accurate and quick 45mm square clean and quick in about 3 seconds for 3mm wall thickness and to test it out as you do by flipping the material over to test the ability it also cut 100 mm x 75,mm which in theory it can;t do and it achieved that ok with careful alignment of the two cuts.

Well worth the money to be able to park the hot saw for most smaller cuts, Just remember if you are going to use it in an Industrial situation to buy it as an Individual not a shop to keep the three year no fuss warranty.