588,063 active members*
5,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > problem with imported NC -Job
    Hi
    I have a big problem- oh well not anymore because one component part from IHU tool is ruined.

I have exported the NC job (milling process) and imported in into a new component part.
    And what follows next that's just about the limit:

My sphere tools are calculated onto the middle of the radius. What’s weird is that it only does it with curve parallels, when milling Z constants it takes the tip as a reference without having changed anything.

As I haven’t paid attention to that, the component part milled with a 8er sphere 4mm too deep.

I have to say that I add ZK and KP together and with my concept the reference of KP is displayed.
    Is that a problem of Tebis or was it my mistake?

I mean you can’t do a lot wrong exporting and importing stuff.

Regards

How that is weird indeed!

Can you reproduce it? I also have big problem importing/export or rather copying and allocate whole processes. Sometimes newly calculated jobs are reset after leaving the work plans and the tool paths are lying around on the layer as ghost TLP and can’t be deleted anymore. The connection to the job is gone and it must be calculated again.

I can’t reproduce it on command- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
    But the sphere reference is a big problem!
    Is the wrong reference in the parameter mask or does it simply calculates the tip even tough the middle is programmed?
    <br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--><b>Alle sagten: Es geht nicht &#33;&#33;<br />Dann kam einer der dies nicht wusste, und tat es</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Tebis: CAM Programierung, Datenbank Verwaltung, PP-Programmierung, System Administration<br /><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->Heidenhain: iTNC530 Anwender, Cycle-Design, Kinematic Design, und sonstige PLC Spielereien . . . .<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><br /><br />

I had a similar problem a short while ago.
    However the error was that I extended the total length of a complete tool in order to avoid a collision.
    But the milling machine wasn’t long enough and slipped out of the adapter and then Tebis just switched automatically from sphere middle to sphere tip.

That is the problem indeed,that the reference in the parameter mask switches from middle to tip!!
    I have done it twice now and both times I had tip instead of middle written after the export.

Mmh I think I found the error: Because I built the tool after the export, the reference stayed with tip. That shouldn’t happen!