587,787 active members*
3,342 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > 6040 the S 80 Chinese router power problem?

6040 the S 80 Chinese router power problem?

I ran a cut yesterday and after the cut was done I started a new cut and the spindle powered down and said error 002. Spindle starts back up but when I love an axis it powers down again with error. Does this sound like a power supply problem? Like when it gets a load it shuts spindl off. I only gives error when an axis is moved.

Re: 6040 the S 80 Chinese router power problem?

I had a similar problem with that exact model. But mine did not shut down, mine triggerede the HFI-relay and shut of the power for that part of my building. It was a pain in the ass to find out what was wrong. Sometimes it could go for an hour, without any problem. But it was mainly triggered by heavy workloads. Eventually i found som burn marks were the wire goes into the spindle. I decided that it must be the spindle and bought a new one. I did write to carving-cnc and they said that i should send back the spindle. Its fair enough, but the shipping cost almost as much as a new spindle from ebay and i did not have the time to wait for them to expect it. So bought onw off ebay and it has worked flawless since. Maybe we got a bad batch of spindles?

So I resolved my problem. There were loose wires in the spindle cable, Once resoldered I was back to normal.

Nice that it was a quick fix. Even though the problem rates on these machines have come down they still can run from the fact that they are chinese... but you still can't beat the value for money on these things.