Hi JR

Yes has variable speed with digital rev counter, 0-2500 RPM.
Not a bad price for UK, just under £1000 in US thats about $1700
comes with 3 jaw and 4 jaw chuck and usual steady's and extras.

Not as big as widgitmasters with 22" between centers and 10" over bed, but does the job.

Know what you mean about about using a old lathe, I am not gonna even talk about what I was using before this came along LOL!!!!!

I think you are right about always keeping the handles as 80% of the things I would still do using manual I as I do not think you can beat the feel of a machine, especially when you have to go back and do a extra passes because the cut just did not feel or look right.
I think CNC'ing it would be more for repatative jobs I plan to do.

Regards

Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by JRoque
Good on you too Sean. Nice looking machine. It seems it has a variable speed control? If I ever CNC my lathe I'll be sure to use low cogging motors so I can keep the handles there too. I really like grabbing a knob and giving it a twist. The only thing where CNC has an advantage is making compound movements that would otherwise be difficult by hand - IMHO. When you have an "el cheapo" lathe like mine, there's never a dull moment while trying to keep it from falling apart.

Eric, is the dividing wall's purpose to hold/store stuff or just to dual purpose the garage?

JR