587,657 active members*
6,933 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Pete's Cincinatti arrow 500 Adventure

Hybrid View

Re: Pete's Cincinatti arrow 500 Adventure

Sounds like things are looking up for you Pete! I want some video of that beast running!!
    Your going to love it when you get the tool changer going.

Say, I have to ask, why didn't you mount the encoder to the spindle instead of the motor?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    Sounds like things are looking up for you Pete! I want some video of that beast running!!
    Your going to love it when you get the tool changer going.

Say, I have to ask, why didn't you mount the encoder to the spindle instead of the motor?

Richard
    Richard,
    Hey thanks for the kind words man. We are getting there with this machine. It is running very very well and I am actually making parts with it as we speak here. I put the encoder on the spindle motor both because that is where the original resolver was and also because it is just easier there is not really a good place to put the encoder on the spindle and even if you did you would have to setup some kinda belt drive for it anyways with the power drawbar setup and the dual timing belt system that drives the spindle there is just not too many places to put it. Besides if it worked for Cincinatti putting it on the motor I don't see why it won't work for me LOL.. I am really loving this machine it is just so damn precise and powerful. I have spent a good bit of time working in some local shops recently and they all had new HAAS machines. This machine feels much like running one of those now and it has a better graphical representation of the part and toolpaths and I love the fact that I can add fourth axis, probing, etc etc without having to reach DEEP into my pocket. Hope you are well my friend. Thanks again for all the help with the modbus on my RF45. Peace

Pete

Understood Pete. For some reason I thought you stated the original was spindle driven. You are right, no good place on the spindle for mine either with the PDB and stuff in the way.
    Mine has been up and running good since I fixed the ATC and added the low air pressure lock out. I beefed it up some while I was at it.

I've been doing lots of nick knack stuff after work and on the weekends and making pretty good coin. Mostly on custom work for Older welding machines like the SA200 / SA250's for belt drives and governor rebuilds and working on some diesel conversion kits for a buddy.

Good luck with it all. Stay in touch!

Richard