588,076 active members*
4,990 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > just bought $500 chinese/taiwanese TSK160 tilting rotary table!!

Hybrid View

Re: just bought $500 chinese/taiwanese TSK160 tilting rotary table!!

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh62 View Post
    Torque is a measure of power, the only one confused is you, everyone else seems to understand that a gear reducer increases output power but you seem to be hell-bent on proving me wrong instead of clarifying my statements and this is your own stupidity, best to let this drop rather than continue and further corrupt the thread.
    Wrong.

Torque is a measure of force, not power. Power is a measure of work done per unit time.

If you have more power then youve put in then you have a perpetual motion machine. I guess I should alert you to the fact that that is an impossibility.

Its pretty obvious that a reduction gear train reduces the rpm and increases the torque. And since the power is the product of those two, the power remains the same, ignoring frictional losses, which reduce it in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    Wrong.

Torque is a measure of force, not power. Power is a measure of work done per unit time.

If you have more power then youve put in then you have a perpetual motion machine. I guess I should alert you to the fact that that is an impossibility.

Its pretty obvious that a reduction gear train reduces the rpm and increases the torque. And since the power is the product of those two, the power remains the same, ignoring frictional losses, which reduce it in the real world.
    I see so because of the gear box, my 100W power rated motor has the strength/force of a 7.2KW power rated motor.

It would be better if you spent your energy clarifying what I have been saying instead of trying to prove what I am saying is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh62 View Post
    I see so because of the gear box, my 100W power rated motor has the strength/force of a 7.2KW power rated motor.

It would be better if you spent your energy clarifying what I have been saying instead of trying to prove what I am saying is wrong.
    With a gearbox it does have the same torque as a 7.2KW motor but it does NOT have the same power!

Everyone is trying to prove you are wrong because you are. Just relax.