587,603 active members*
4,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 64 of 91 1454626364656674
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Aside from the fact that the thread has been a joy to peruse as you built the machine, I think it's amazingly admirable the amount of work your doing for charity!

Just brilliant!

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Great work Eric. Good to see someone donate time and labour to a worthy cause.:cheers:

Jason

Made a deal with a Hooter's restaurant for a mess of gift cards!!
    But I have no idea who would walk in an look at this sign(chair)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Widgit, it may need to be a bigger sign. Like 4' x 8'. I think it needs to really stand out because I may thing that the customers may be a bit distracted by other things at Hooters

Alan

Now what other things could possibly distract the customers at HOOTERS.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Marsha View Post
    Now what other things could possibly distract the customers at HOOTERS.

Jason
    I mean really! It's not as if they have machines to look at!!!!!!!!!

Great work as a;ways Widgit.
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Awesome machine, Widget. I have been following the build off and on.. and have been away from this forum for a while ... am really impressed with its performance. Now - I have to ask - when will you begin the Automatic Tool Changer mod ?
    www.CNC-Joe.com
    CNC Is Not Just My Passion.. It's My Addiction !!!!

Hey Joe!
    In order to put an automatic tool changer on this machine, I would need to replace the spindle with one designed for just that! The last time I saw one on eBay, it sold for $5000 !! You have to realize that I'm still paying for the Red Monster, as it took me 11-months to design & build and $8000 ! I had to mortgage my home to build it
    If I hit the jackpot in Vegas, or win he Lottery, I'll get started on it ASAP I too would love to have an ATC on this machine!
    Widgit

Last night, I experimented with some dark stain on a hard maple plaque. After staining, I ran the orbital sander over the top to remove the stain! So far, I like the results
    Today I will put the 1st coat of gloss varnish on it, that should make it really pop!
    Widgit

That looks fantastic Widgit. Two thumbs up! Would say ten but I only have two.

Alan

Had lunch at HOOTERS this afternoon, they really liked the plaque I made for them!
    www.widgitmaster.com

Very nice Widgit. I love the hooters well..............wings!
    Love the maple plaque above. Going to be very nice!
    Have a great day.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

I don't know if anybody else noticed this or not, but there is a plaque in the Hooters picture

Whats a plaque?

So far I've Sold / Auctioned 8-plaques, and raised $3250 :banana:

That's great Widgit and all for a good cause!

Alan

Here's what I did when I ran out of wood, I made smaller plaques !!

Hey Eric, I've been away from the zone for some time, so it was great to see another amazing build of yours when I returned the other day. And very happy to see you actually using your machine for a such a great cause.

Sad to say i haven't been using the wide and midi routers for a while but hoping to crank them up again very soon.

Cheers

Claudio
    - WidgitMaster Wide Router with Kress FME 800, HobbyCNC 305oz Stepper Kit
    - WidgitMaster Midi Router with Dremel

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioG View Post
    Hey Eric, I've been away from the zone for some time, so it was great to see another amazing build of yours when I returned the other day. And very happy to see you actually using your machine for a such a great cause.

Sad to say i haven't been using the wide and midi routers for a while but hoping to crank them up again very soon.

Cheers

Claudio
    Hi Claudio!
    It's nice to know that some of my machines are still around
    Widgit

One custom-made CNC Router for sale!
    Made out of precision machined aluminum by WidgitMaster!
    This machine is highly reliable & durable, has been running for several years without problems!
    The sale will include table, three KRESS 800-FME spindle motors, along with full set of collets, tool holders, and extra brushes!
    For maximum efficiency, I would remove the spindle with worn-out brushes, and install a repaired spindle!!
    The 4th Axis will be included FREE, as one component is missing! The 4th axis was never finished, as other projects distracted me!
    The machine will be sold as-is, and requires local-pickup.
    The machine must be dismantled in order to remove it from the small room in my home! But my back is no longer strong enough to do it by myself!

If you are interrested in this machine, please send me a private message to negotiate a selling price.

Thank you,
    WidgitMaster

CNCZone Build Log Note: (Automatic Tool Changer shown in the Build Log never worked, and is NOT included!)

ELECTRONICS BOX
    ---------------
    8.5"(215.9mm) Deep
    12" (304.8mm) Wide
    16" (406.4mm) High

PC REQUIREMENTS
    ---------------
    Two Parallel Printer Ports

BREAKOUT BOARD
    --------------
    Sound Logic - PC-2-Route Model M2
    --------------

TRANSFORMER
    -----------
    120VAC, 5.9A Input
    48VDC, 10A Output

POWER SUPPLY
    ------------
    120VAC Input
    12VDC, 5A Output

STEPPER DRIVERS
    ---------------
    X-Axis - GeckoDrive - G203V
    Y-Axis - GeckoDrive - G203V
    Z-Axis - GeckoDrive - G203V
    A-Axis - GeckoDrive - G203V

STEPPER MOTORS
    ------------------
    X-Axis - Keling Technologies - Model KL23H276-30-8A, 282 oz/in, NEMA23
    Y-Axis - Keling Technologies - Model KL23H276-30-8A, 282 oz/in, NEMA23
    Z-Axis - Keling Technologies - Model KL23H276-30-8A, 282 oz/in, NEMA23
    A-Axis - Interinar Electronics - Model 23Y002S-LW4-02,76 oz/in, NEMA23
    ================================================== ==========================

LINEAR RAILS
    ------------
    X-Axis - IKO LWL12-B
    Y-Axis - THK HSR-25
    Z-Axis - IKO LWL12-B
    A-Axis - IKO LWL9-B

LEADSCREWS & NUTS
    -----------------
    X-Axis - 1605 Precision Rolled Ballscrew w/Square anti-backlash nut
    Y-Axis - 1605 Precision Rolled Ballscrew w/Round Flange anti-backlash nut
    Z-Axis - 1605 Precision Rolled Ballscrew w/Square anti-backlash nut
    A-Axis - n/a

SPINDLE MOTOR
    -------------
    KRESS 800-FME, 120VAC 800W, 5000-25000 RPM, 8mm collet, variable speed control

WORK AREA
    ---------
    X-Axis, 14.2475" (361.887mm)
    Y-Axis, 15.4650" (392.811mm)
    Z-Axis, 5.375" (136.525mm)
    A-Axis, 13" (330.2mm) center-to-center

OVERALL DIMENSIONS
    ------------------
    31" ( 787.4mm) Deep
    29" ( 736.6mm) Wide
    57" (1447.8mm) High
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KressToolHolders.jpg   SmallCNC_001.jpg   SmallCNC_002.jpg   SmallCNC_003.jpg  

SmallCNC_004.jpg   SmallCNC_005.jpg   SmallCNC_006.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

Page 64 of 91 1454626364656674