588,202 active members*
4,557 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sprutcam 9

Hybrid View

Re: Sprutcam 9

Windows 7 has worked very well for me in sprut 8 and I hope in 9 as I have it on disk and a key ready to install.
    Poking around and backing up files on my w.s. and setting up a directories for sprut 9 projects.
    I hope I can step thru an upgrade and convert projects files, tools files, templates and operation setups I have done already
    This could be serious work because I have so many files I see the need to organize this upgrade carefully.
    md

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    This could be serious work because I have so many files I see the need to organize this upgrade carefully.
    md
    Ditto, and I am looking at reconciling files from my old SC7 folders as well as those from SC8. To make it worse it looks like SC (or maybe me) has partially duplicated files between my personal Documents sub folders as well as the Public Documents sub-folders.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Ditto, and I am looking at reconciling files from my old SC7 folders as well as those from SC8. To make it worse it looks like SC (or maybe me) has partially duplicated files between my personal Documents sub folders as well as the Public Documents sub-folders.

Mike
    I think your seeing a link to those files or a re direct. look for the little icon to have the arrow. If it does then sprut is showing 2 ways to navigate to the same files. "I still get confused by this now and then"
    Confusing and not wanting to stray far from what it installed I left that as is with their examples and whatever. I created my own project directory on a fresh clean formatted ssd.
    setup a new directory structure and stated placing all cad, cam and associated files in new file structure. Little extra effort to direct sprut or cad software to place all the files in the right place but well worth effort.
    Hope this helps a little anyway
    md

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I think your seeing a link to those files or a re direct. look for the little icon to have the arrow. If it does then sprut is showing 2 ways to navigate to the same files. "I still get confused by this now and then"
    Confusing and not wanting to stray far from what it installed I left that as is with their examples and whatever. I created my own project directory on a fresh clean formatted ssd.
    setup a new directory structure and stated placing all cad, cam and associated files in new file structure. Little extra effort to direct sprut or cad software to place all the files in the right place but well worth effort.
    Hope this helps a little anyway
    md
    Sorry, but I'm a little confused - which icon has the little arrow, the file folder icon in the Win7 file open/save dialog box or something in one of Sprut's dialog boxes?

Good idea about creating a dedicated folder structure for Sprut. I used to do that routinely for data folders on new program installs or upgrades but got burned a few times by apps that *really* wanted you tio use what the programmers had set up.

Mike