587,773 active members*
3,429 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Request for Bosch Colt mount pictures

Been a long time since I worked on my Momus. I got sidetracked brewing beer but now I am back working on it.

I did my best to create the mounts from the plans today for the Colt and it doesn't look like they mate up properly with my
    Colt. Is there more than one Bosch Colt Router model? Perhaps mine is different or something?
    I bought a PR20EVSK which is a 1HP variable speed router.

Do both of them go down low at the bottom of the router?

Has anyone else built the mounts shown in the 2.1 plans? Could you post some pictures of your router mounted in the mounts?
    I have only seen pictures with the Rigid and I think it is slightly different.

Thanks

Re: Request for Bosch Colt mount pictures

Different question then:

It appears on closer look at the photos that the little protrusions on the mount pictures are actually what contact the router body.
    Is this a correct analysis?

I had thought that those protrusions were intended to slot into slots in the router body. Those are what do not line up on my router and therefore led me to believe that they were incorrect.

Does anyone have any comments? Am I right?
    Hopefully since I didn't do a great job on the mounts that smoothing them out more will not be a problem. My mounts would then contact the router in more places and spread the clamping force out along a wider area.

Do you think this will be a problem?

I guess no-one has gotten this far lately with the build?

I decided after a bit more work at filing and smoothing that everything should be ok in the end.
    It sure won't be as pretty as the plans call for but I think it will get the job done.

Check out post #133 on my build thread (Jonathan's build thread). There are some photos there. I'm not sure if it will apply to you or not since I built to version 1.2 plans, and I use the fixed speed Colt, adjusted thru the SuperPID.

By the way, what happened to this forum? It used to be quite lively. Did the DIY CNC thing die out with all the newer commercial models that are available?

Bob, if you are reading this, I'm just curious as to how sales of the plans are going. Are people still interested?

Thanks for the direction to your thread pictures.
    I'll definitely check it out!

How do you like the SuperPID?
    It sounds like a really good solution to the issue of slowing down a trim router while maintaining proper power so that it can still cut reasonably well.
    I am thinking about purchasing one myself but haven't ordered it yet. How long does it take to get to the States?

Really like the SuperPID. There's a good reason so many people use it. It's a good product. Every now and then my RPM sensor shifts slightly and I lose RPM control, but this is my fault as I haven't taken the time to properly mount it. I have a switch and knob on my CNC that allows me to instantly go to manual control in case that happens. The SuperPID allows you to connect extra switches to control many options like this. I took full advantage of this.

The Colt runs from 6k to 30k rpm with the SuperPID. It's a little rough at 6k as you can slightly hear the power pulsing to the motor to keep it going, but it is pretty solid at 7k or 8k which is what I use when milling aluminum. I use 6k only when drilling.

Can't remember how long it took to get here, but that shouldn't be an issue. I think it was around 2 weeks which is pretty good. I bought it at discount during SuperPID's anniversary month.

Just looked it up in my receipts, it was 15% off during month of October (3 years ago). Not sure if they still do that but you just missed it.

Also, I bought the knob along with it, but never used it since I found a nicer knob at the electronic store. Also bought the temperature sensor months later and had to pay another shipping charge. I still use the sensor and suggest you buy it along with the SuperPID to save on shipping.

Thanks for the information. It appears they only did that discount the one time near as I can tell.
    Sounds like it's worth it's price either way based on your experiences with it so far.
    I'll look into ordering one pretty soon then since I would rather have the flexibility it will provide.