Very nice. What kind of cradle and hoist are you designing? Looking forward to the next pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
My first trolley crane!

Getting ready to setup 4th axis and wanted to solve the issue of moving the tool on and off mill. lifting 100 lbs or more is not good for my hands yet alone the tool or the precision surfaces it mounts on. Also at same time provide a system I can build on in my shop for rigging and moving heavy materials, parts or tools in general.
First part is standard electrical steel strut available from big box hardware for about 25$ per 10ft painted. This can be placed and mounted in logical manor to provide lifting and moving to most locations in my shop. These can be used single run, in parallel as a bridge trolley just depends where and how they are mounted and how you rig to them.
Attachment 257168

Next part is the trolley hardware. I purchased made pre engineered units with a weight rating of aprox. 600 lbs per trolley plate from McMaster! "these could be made"

Attachment 257170

Hardware ready for mock up

Attachment 257172

Trolley set about where it will be mounted to ceiling joists with lag screws at 1ft on center.

Attachment 257174

Close up of trolley in strut.

Attachment 257176

Next picture group will show it mounted along one ceiling truss on a painted 2x4 mounting base with lag screws.

md