587,923 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 235 of 422 135185225233234235236237245285335
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello. Engineering student interested in CNC and associated manufacturing processes.

Hi,
    My name is Bob from the UK.
    I am totally new to mechanical engineering and CNC, my main interests are electronics and a motorcycle (RGV250 hence the name) restoration so the need arises to make enclosures for the electronics and other small items for the motorcycle.
    I have a lathe and mill which I am converting to CNC, I also have a CNC engraver (for PCB's hopefully) and a 3D printer kit (yet to be built).
    Hopefully I will not be asking too many daft questions.

Regards,
    Bob

Hi I´m from Iceland and for the past six months I´ve been learning to use and working on a CNC machine (BIESSE Rover B7) for the first time in my life and so far I´ve gotten comfortable with doing all I am expected to do in work, but now I want to learn do more. I am working for a company that designs and makes cabinets and furniture so the assignments I get are more or less just variations of the same theme, i.e. drilling and milling sheets of MFC and MDF.
    I have a BA in arts so my soul is screaming out for some more 3D, or at least a bas relief but doing that with BiesseWorks Editor is proving to be tricky.

My hope is that I can learn from you guys and that you can help me achieve what I want to do.

Best regards

Hello,

I am a small tool/contractor supply store owner operator. We also have incorporated sharpening/grinding into our business. Along with that came the manufacture of bandsaw blades and now step drills/ form tools. I enjoy the machine shop type atmosphere of our grind shop. We have 2 Walter Woodtronic CNC saw blade grinders and a growing list of tool & cutter grinders. We have a Deckel S-11 fully equipped, a Cincinnati #2, Cincinnati Monoset, Rush, Oliver of Adrian and Christen drill bit grinders, Cuttermaster grinder, Saturn and Schneeberger grinders and several others. I have just purchased a Brown & Sharpe #13 grinder and am learning to use it (I am looking for accessories).

Thanks for letting me play in your sandbox.

Mike

Hello folks. Been reading replies and glad tto be here. I do need help though. Trying to mill a 3"-8 npt internal thread with a .750 4 flute solid carbide thd mill.
    having trouble with deflection and out of round thds. Can anyone get me in the ballpark with good speeds and feeds? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hello folks. Been reading replies and glad to be here. I do need help though. Trying to mill a 3"-8 npt internal thread with a .750 4 flute solid carbide thd mill.
    having trouble with deflection and out of round thds. Can anyone get me in the ballpark with good speeds and feeds? Thanks

Hello
    We buyed a new CNC machine.
    Hope get some good advice here.

Hello everybody.
    I am a newbie to CNC and to this forum, I have an engineering background, but am a musician at heart and would like to use a small CNC to build parts for musical instruments. I downloaded the plans for the JGRO but think I need more instructions to get started.
    I live on the Oregon coast...not a lot of manufacturing, industry or folks to interact with on this subject, so I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

GREAT FORUM!

Hello all. The more time I spend on this site, the fewer hours I have to spend making parts so I'm all business, just looking to solve problems. As far as what I can contribute, I'm new to this game where experience is 4 aces and I'm playing with a pair of deuces.

Hello.
    I have a 1490 LC Gweike laser.
    I hope to find here answers to my problems.
    dendor

Will purchase a HF 44991 this week with the goal to do absolutely as much of the work as possible to convert to CNC, including making parts if possible. Also purchased Arduino board and will use as controller.

Would appreciate any advice/guidance on the above. My goal is to make gun parts such as sights, 80% lowers, miscellaneous small parts, etc. After that, whatever strikes my fancy!

(No prior experience)

Hello all.
    I'am Engineering student interested in CNC

I am a wood working enthusiast that is looking to get into CNC wood working and would like advice on different systems available.

Hello All, Just signed up.. I've been an aircraft mechanic for years. Have some basic tools, break, shear, benchtop mill, and and 12x36 lathe.. Recently decided to get more into leaning about CNC, Started out wtih Bobcad v25 software and started to learn to draw stuff. Bobcad wouldn't even make a decent drawing or generate a PDF, so I am in the market for better CAD software right now. I have an EDU version of Solidworks, but the price of the seat is scary... Any opinions? Further getting in way over my head I would like to buy a VMC to have in the basment. I've looked a Tormach, but not sure I want to go that way. I would prefer a smaller true VMC, maybe FADAL or HAAS, but not sure what to buy. Also it needs to run on single phase 220v. (or with a converter) So hard to buy used & sight unseen, and also I don't know much about the different controls. Good or bad. I like the Mach3, or Flashcut type controls, but not sure what it takes to upgrade an older machine? . Hope to dig aournd here and find some answers. The same as getting into CNC, I'm not sure where to start. So many questions, hopefully I can find some answers. Thanks in advance, Tryon

Is this a British website? It seems all the used machine vendors in the listings are across the pond? Is there a US bulletin board for CNC?

Hi my name is Gary, normally work as a chemical engineer, but the boss is giving me some extra load to work on a new project where CNC is used, he is counting on me to get the job done and gave me time to learn from zero. Please bear with me.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

hey gary im john ,
    I am learning a few new things myself lol.
    I have been given the job of building a CNC plasma table from scratch , but i do have alittle experience with this .

Hey all

I'm Cody i run Flow waterjets in wisconsin, and have been for about 2 years. im here looking for help/ advice. ill be searching through threads here in a minute but untill then...we here have a 2010 wmc 87k hyperjet with an extended bed, and in said bed the lat runners (the ones that run the x axis way) have rusted out being mild steel and sitting in water all day -good plan flow- in any case im looking here to see if anyone has had to replace said runners and if so, if you cut your own could i have the file?? if not could you inform me on how too do so

thanks in advance

-ROBO-

There is a lot of good, free CAD programs under Linux OS

Hello everybody,

My name is Mike and I am from western NJ. I have an electronics engineering degree but work as a software engineer. I am actually between jobs right now. I have an interest in machining and metal working as a hobby and CNC seems to be a natural progression from that. I think that this site will be an important reference as I learn more about CNC machining.

Thank you,

Red face Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Oh, it's OK. I'm also a new learner on CNC machining. Nobody is gonna laugh at others. We ask simple questions, so we can make progress from nothing.

Page 235 of 422 135185225233234235236237245285335