587,997 active members*
1,621 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

bridgport vmc760/22 password

Hey just lookin to see if anybody here has solved or seen this issue im having. just purchased vmc760/22 machine of which took some work to get it to this point, but is shaping up to be ok machine I hope.... the problem I have is the guy I bought it from is dead and has a password on the parameters in the maintpg.exe. In the manual it says that perams can be altered via dos and type pfm at c prompt, does'nt work nore is there such a file in the dos directory for this??? at a loss here. there is another direction to get to perams from hmi screen f5 to get to maintpg screen and 9 to enter perams but asks for password to no avail and I have tried caps lock PASSWORD wondering if any ex Bridgeport employees might know a secret or two LOL. I will Thank in advance for any guidance...

Re: bridgport vmc760/22 password

Try 111257 for parameter password in F5 maintenance page

For toolchanger setup use PASSWORD all caps

Remember to record/back-up parameters before you change them so you can revert back. Also changing to incorrect values can really mess things up.

password worked like a charm thanks for getting me rollin...

just wondering if there is a way to relock f5 maintenance level, it seems that since I put the code in it doesn't ask me for code anymore and is unlocked...??? I tried putting the system into block or auto or pc mode in setup but im not to sure what that is really doing????

I never have to enter a password to enter the <F5> Maintenance Page. It only asks for the password if you want to edit the parameters. Are you suggesting that parameters can be edited w/o password

that is the case when I first pressed f5 it asked for a password to edit, since I used password, I have never had to enter it again even after power down ... so as of now operator could change params if they wanted to no questions asked if you follow what im saying lol

today I used password for tool setup as well, it asked for it at first.... once entered it allowed changes to take place and now every time I go to setup tools it doesn't ask me for password even after power down???? at maintance level is there a process to relock entry....???