587,568 active members*
3,435 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > SuperPID + Bosch 16171 Fixed-Speed (25k) Router vs Bosch 1617EVS Variable-Speed

Hybrid View

Re: SuperPID + Bosch 16171 Fixed-Speed (25k) Router vs Bosch 1617EVS Variable-Speed

Here is what I plan to do, based on the information I received from a member on the Platform CNC Group. The attached pictures show what the router internals look like. I purchased the swagelok fitting, actually a Parker brand, 1/4" tube x 1/8"npt male. I am going to drill and tap the bearing sleeve to install the fitting into, off center by about 1/4". The cable from the Super PID will be held in place by this. This looked like a good method based on the pictures I have seen from the other forum. The end of the router shaft will get painted per the installation instructions. I will post pictures when I have it complete.

Re: SuperPID + Bosch 16171 Fixed-Speed (25k) Router vs Bosch 1617EVS Variable-Speed

Quote Originally Posted by trmpyro View Post
    Here is what I plan to do, based on the information I received from a member on the Platform CNC Group. The attached pictures show what the router internals look like. I purchased the swagelok fitting, actually a Parker brand, 1/4" tube x 1/8"npt male. I am going to drill and tap the bearing sleeve to install the fitting into, off center by about 1/4". The cable from the Super PID will be held in place by this. This looked like a good method based on the pictures I have seen from the other forum. The end of the router shaft will get painted per the installation instructions. I will post pictures when I have it complete.
    Thanks for the info. Looks like a great plan, please do post photos when you finish.

It looks like the bearing sleeve is item number 32 on the parts diagram (Bosch 16171 Parts List and Diagram - (0601617139) : eReplacementParts.com. How thick is the bushing face? Looks like they go for $3.25 on ereplacementparts. I have a little anxiety about drilling into the stock parts, I would probably purchase a new cover and bearing sleeve to modify and keep the stock pieces whole.