587,636 active members*
3,726 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Help ! Upgrade chinese 40w laser to 50W

I just received my 24v power supply

I don't want to be a troll but before doing something that I would regret later, I prefer being sure
    So here is the connections I'm going to make:

Attachment 265360

Is there something wrong and what about some connections that I don't know what to do with it ?

How about the V- on the 24 v power supply ? and the P on the 50w laser power supply ?
    I can put the original picture without the arrows and text if necessary !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbride19 View Post
    I just received my 24v power supply

I don't want to be a troll but before doing something that I would regret later, I prefer being sure
    So here is the connections I'm going to make:

Attachment 265360

Is there something wrong and what about some connections that I don't know what to do with it ?

How about the V- on the 24 v power supply ? and the P on the 50w laser power supply ?
    I can put the original picture without the arrows and text if necessary !!

Not the clearest.

The AC, AC, FG are correct. Remove those connections from the existing supply and put them in the new supply.

L and N on the 24V supply will also share the same connection as AC AC. It is not clear on the laser PS which is L or N, and it most likely doesn't really matter unless there is a fuse inside the laser supply. The fuse should be on N side.

Make sure all of your grounds are tied together.

The earth ground on the 24V supply and the FG on the laser supply should be connected in the same spot and tied to the case of the laser cutter, and also to the center terminal of your wall plug for safety.

V- on the 24V supply is ground. V- and G on the two supplies should be connected together.

So, your connection from earth ground on the 24V supply to the G at the old supply is not correct. V- goes wherever G goes from the old supply.

H and L are correct. P on the new supply is the interlock. This would be the same as P+ on the old supply.

L on the old supply is connected to K+ internally. You only need to use one of the connections. It was separate on the old supply just for the test switch on the panel. But you can connect that switch between L and G on the new supply for the same affect. L will also go to your controller for the laser on signal.

If you are controlling the power from your controller, that IN signal will go to your controller, not the pot on the panel.

Maybe best to post a picture of the 24V supply, the new 50W supply, and your controller to be more clear.

The L- is the return from the laser tube, yes. The reason I suggested leaving out the old supply and showing your controller is that it makes it confusing to show the old supply which is being removed.

We are interested in where the new connections go. Are you using the existing Moshiboard or Coreldraw board?