588,002 active members*
3,099 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: did k2 go out of buisiness ?

Looks like Mac is on to something. Looking at the Velox web site in the About Us page it says it was founded by Ron Liboon, and his brother founded K2. So at the very least you can call Velox and ask them what is up with K2. Personally, I have been reasonably happy with my K2 2514 router. It was a good deal compared to what else was available at the time about 10 years ago, but today you can get much better for much less money than what I got. My main complaint is that it is not rigid enough with the unsupported rails. I did buy some supported rails from Automation Technologies a while back that I was going to retrofit to the machine, but have not done it yet since I can build a bigger machine with them instead and just sell the old machine. Support wise, K2 has never been great over the half dozen calls I have made to them over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by brian257 View Post
    Looks like Mac is on to something. Looking at the Velox web site in the About Us page it says it was founded by Ron Liboon, and his brother founded K2. So at the very least you can call Velox and ask them what is up with K2. Personally, I have been reasonably happy with my K2 2514 router. It was a good deal compared to what else was available at the time about 10 years ago, but today you can get much better for much less money than what I got. My main complaint is that it is not rigid enough with the unsupported rails. I did buy some supported rails from Automation Technologies a while back that I was going to retrofit to the machine, but have not done it yet since I can build a bigger machine with them instead and just sell the old machine. Support wise, K2 has never been great over the half dozen calls I have made to them over the last 10 years.
    Interesting. I note that on the list of links at the bottom of their pages they have "K2 CNC". That would at least hint to an amicable split I guess.

hi there, Im in the same boat and need help configuring my K2 router's ports and pins setup for Mach 3. What are the port/pins that your K2 is using?