587,133 active members*
3,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > I.C. Engines > Another effort, 2 cylinder inline water cooled

Hybrid View

Been following this with interest and maybe reccomend from looking at your layout. Your oil sump(pan) I presume is what the bottom part is and for clearance you probably should go straight down the side opposite the push rods. This may give you the clearance for the rods and also the crankshaft counter weights.
    Just a suggestion and keep it up.
    John

Yeah now you've mentioned it it does look a bit offset towards the camshaft side. Nevertheless, sure it won't be too hard to sort out at this stage and it's still looking great.

Is solid works a PC based CAD package? What are the tech requirements of the PC to run it?

I could really do with some sort of 3D package, I can use Unigraphics at work but I don't really want to be at work any longer than I have to!

Nick

On another note with the clearance for the bottom end you may have to go wider at the sump/block. A lot of engines are large in that area for the same reason. Just about impossible to keep it narrow using rods with capscrews to. If you look at a model rc engine or other type(weedwacker/chainsaw) they do not have bolts on the rods. They are full circle on the bottom.
    John

It's gotten fatter but it all fits now....Getting harder to machine too...

I wish it wouldn't crash.