587,997 active members*
2,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: What to do about garage climate

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    Funny... will be moving there soon as the company tells me when... will be a regular Tormach-a-paloza there in Dallas. Whereabouts are you? I'm looking at Frisco or Lucas right now...
    Spinnetti, I am in Little Elm at the moment, but am dying to move to some place like Lucas. Areas like Lucas, Parker and Murphy are regions where you can build a home with enough land (acreage) where you can include a lovely building on the side. I would find ideal something like 1200 SQFT, but if it goes up to 3000 SQFT won't complain about it ;-)

I think Frisco has some acreage but not a lot. Frisco is a VERY nice town, with lots of growth and nice neighborhoods. Best schools in the region, if that is something that you are looking for. But most houses will be side by side. Most you will be able to find is a three car garage, possibly 4 (although I think I am tripping here).

If you are coming from California, then by selling one of your bathrooms, you can already buy a mansion here!

We should start the Dallas Tormach Club, heh heh heh
    I document my CNC Experience at CNC Dude's Youtube channel. Check it out!

It's too hot to be out there today. Here it is March 14th and it's close to 90 degrees in the garage. It cooled off to a blustery 70 degrees last night and the wind blew like a demon which made the house feel like a convection oven.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

I'm in AL also. The one thing I did that made the most difference was to spend about $200 on bolwn in insulation. Home Depot rents for free a blower if you buy X numer of bails. I shot in about 7-8" above my garage and its night and day.

Above my garage is insulated because it is a 1.5 story home. It is the door that is not. I went and bought four 4x8 sheets of Perma "R" insulation that is 1" thick. I cut up the individual rectangles and did my whole garage door. I think it will make a noticeable difference. I hope we get another cold snap so I can see how well it does on a cold night.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-Dude View Post
    Spinnetti, I am in Little Elm at the moment, but am dying to move to some place like Lucas. Areas like Lucas, Parker and Murphy are regions where you can build a home with enough land (acreage) where you can include a lovely building on the side. I would find ideal something like 1200 SQFT, but if it goes up to 3000 SQFT won't complain about it ;-)

I think Frisco has some acreage but not a lot. Frisco is a VERY nice town, with lots of growth and nice neighborhoods. Best schools in the region, if that is something that you are looking for. But most houses will be side by side. Most you will be able to find is a three car garage, possibly 4 (although I think I am tripping here).

If you are coming from California, then by selling one of your bathrooms, you can already buy a mansion here!

We should start the Dallas Tormach Club, heh heh heh
    Not to derail this thread any more, but I am in Wylie right now and building in Lucas =) No complaints about the area from me!

Page 2 of 2 12