3,336 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Issues with my new 12Z Manual Mill

Quote Originally Posted by GITERDUN View Post
    Frustrating?- Yes
    Big issue?- No
    You could spend less time tightening the loose bolts than it takes to post your video. They are not going to fly a technician to your place to tighten the bolts. They'll probably give you a new gib strip under warranty. It's a Chinese machine, so you need to accept the compromises as part of the low price.
    So you don't think the Z-axis nut issue is a problem? I can watch the Z-axis lead screw turning without any resistance or movement of the head. When lowering the Z-axis, it lurches, stop/go/stop/go; I think that is a major issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmesh View Post
    So you don't think the Z-axis nut issue is a problem? I can watch the Z-axis lead screw turning without any resistance or movement of the head. When lowering the Z-axis, it lurches, stop/go/stop/go; I think that is a major issue.
    Kinda hard to really tell with the hand held video, but it sounds to me like another case of loose bolts. Your best bet is just to assume everything is loose, go through the entire machine and tighten up all the bolts and give yourself a short course on the machine maintenance at the same time. It will serve you well in the future to have a mechanics knowledge of how everything is put together.

Kinda hard to really tell with the hand held video, but it sounds to me like another case of loose bolts. Your best bet is just to assume everything is loose, go through the entire machine and tighten up all the bolts and give yourself a short course on the machine maintenance at the same time. It will serve you well in the future to have a mechanics knowledge of how everything is put together.
    Sounds like a good plan. I spoke with COA this morning, he suggested the lead screw bolt may be loose at the bottom gear.

In addition; they are mailing me a set of shims of different thicknesses to setup the gib!

I think I have to tear it apart now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyCSX4G5t8E