587,997 active members*
2,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Mach2 Post for Bobcad v19

Mach2 Post for Bobcad v19

Has anyone seen the Mach2 post processor for Bobcad V19 crash the app? I have other posts for other machines and have not had a problem. I've never actually crashed Bobcad until now, but I loaded the Mach2 post (from Bobcad site) and can't get the simplest of toolpaths to post out without crashing.

Does anyone have some thoughts on the matter?

Thanks in advance
    Evan Brainard
    Windmere Design
    Autodesk Inventor Consultant
    [email protected]

All it did for me was crash and ruin metal. I use a couple of other post-processors instead. The Fanuc 6M simplified works pretty well. I am, however, new to cnc and someone can probably give you a better suggestion.

Rick

WAG: you might be missing a script (or some scripts) that the post requires to work, or such scripts may not be located in the correct folder.

When Bobcad crashes, it is a good idea to to clean out your temp folder to eliminate troublesome old remnants of the previous session from your computer.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Well after doing some tests I'm convinced that something is amiss with the Mach posts.

This is not a BobCAD application problem. I'll be in touch with their tech supt guys at the begining of week.

I too am having some success with Fanuc 6M simplified but not with out modifying the code a little. I've yet to find a post that works out of the can with MachX.
    Evan Brainard
    Windmere Design
    [email protected]

Same here. I'd be very interested in their response. I mentioned it to a tech about a half hour before quittin' time on a Saturday and he told be he didn't have time to look at it.

Rick

OK, so I had a long talk with BobCAD's main Tech Supt guru. After showing him some screen caps he admitted that the Mach2 post was the culprit, and he proceeded to log onto my machine and revise the post on the spot! I have to say that when it comes to Tech Suport they are very good.
    So now I have what seems to be a very stable post for Mach2. I asked him to make sure it was posted on their site and he assured me it was already done.

So, please check out the following site:

http://www.bobcad.com/index.php?sele...lic_html/posts

The Mach2 should be the revised one. Good luck!
    Evan Brainard
    Windmere Design
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by bpmufx
    OK, so I had a long talk with BobCAD's main Tech Supt guru. After showing him some screen caps he admitted that the Mach2 post was the culprit, and he proceeded to log onto my machine and revise the post on the spot! I have to say that when it comes to Tech Suport they are very good.
    So now I have what seems to be a very stable post for Mach2. I asked him to make sure it was posted on their site and he assured me it was already done.
    Bobcad did the same for me on a post for a yasnak controller. Just downloaded the support tool and they took over. Bobcad support has been outsttanding the last three years I have been using there software. It too bad there sales force is the worst group of people to deal with

Thanks Evan, thats a better response than I received. I down loaded the post and I'll try it out tomorrow.

Rick

Hey Rick,
    Post your results here cause if you find it isn't right, I'll call em back.
    Evan Brainard
    Windmere Design
    [email protected]

O.K. I had to hand fit the part today, It'll probably be this evening or in thr morning before I start cutting now.

Rick