587,999 active members*
1,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

have a huge potential problem and need advice

My company recently purchased a large laser cutter from china (goolden laser) the machine is huge..its like 8.5 x 8.5 feet with a conveyor belt to feed fabric in....tthe machine arrived and was too large to fit in the freight elevator so we had to take it apart..wwe are in the process of reassembling and in the event that we cant get it to work now or perhaps assembled it wrong..wwho can i hire to get it working?...iim sure we will need a technician anyway but im not aware of anyone who services chinese lasers please help..

Re: have a huge potential problem and need advice

Well there is a lot of help on here. You have to state what you mean by "not working". Lights don't come on? Software does not start? Steppers crash? These are simple machines and maybe someone here can help. Bigger machines have many sensors that all have to be "on" or the machine will not function. Lid switch? Water chiller flow? etc. If you bought a Chinese machine fine you got a good deal EXCEPT you own it and will have to learn to take care of it. The good deal comes with a price and that price is generally poor after sales support. Even when good the communication problems often make it bad. You need someone on your crew that has a clue. Gear head type. Not your typical college grad with touchy-feely feminist studies degree. Don't mean to cause offense but these are nothing but a bunch of motors, switches, belts, mirrors etc.and other than the software which is a black box and can be problematic, pretty easy to understand and figure out. The actual laser beam itself has almost nothing to do with the mechanism and is a separate stand alone crude device. There is the tube that needs water cooling and a 20,000 +volt lethal power supply that is turned on and off by the software, one wire does that. So maybe some pictures? Description of problems? AND if you are looking for paid help, where in the world are you located?

This is Chris from Minisink Valley CSD. I would like to be able to return the favor for the laser you donated. I have quite a bit of experience with Chinese lasers and would like to help out.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver