587,982 active members*
5,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: First CNC

First CNC

Hi!
    I do not have any experience with CNC, but I want to buy a cheap wood router. I have only about 6000$. I would like to print reliefs from .stl with it. It would be nice if the service was easy.The budget is low, so I am thinking about a Chinese one.
    I found this: china good quality jinan factory 1325 chinese cnc router -in Wood Router from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group. Is it good? Are there better ones?

Thanks for help.

Re: First CNC

Worth a good looksee !!
    CAMaster – Routers
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

First of all JustCNC, your aliexpress link is an ad, not a price. The listing give options that would vary the machine greatly in price. At $4800 you are going to get a super light weight machine or (more likely) no machine as that is just a bait ad. First you need to decide what you are using it for, the size, the controls you can live with, servo or stepper, spindle power etc. CNC's are not an off the shelf purchase - they are built to spec and the spec changes the price. If you want the cheapest you can get from china look for a 1325 with steppers and a dsp controller (or parameters set for mach 3 maybe) and a small watercooled spindle or maybe just a router mount.

If you can compromise on size then I like pilot pro cnc's as they are US made (I'm in Canada so its not a patriotic thing for me) and seem robust for the price but they max out at 4x4. Your budget sort of points to a kit though like one from cnc router parts or a cheap used machine (like one that was a kit) - they do pop up on craigslist and ebay from time to time.

James, I love your support of Camasters but its hardly in the ballpark for this fellow unless they win a small lottery.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Thank you for the reply!
    I'm not into the cnc technologies, specifications etc. so I didn't know about pricing method and I don't know what I exactly need. I have to make some small reliefs in wood, and I just want to buy a cheap wood router to make them easily and cheap. Unfortunately I have no time for "playing" with a kit, therefore I want to buy a machine witch is ready to use. The Pilot Pro CNC's looks good and I will look for used machines on ebay. I would appreciate, if someone would advice me something suitable for my needs.

OK so here's the basics.

Cutting is either spindle or router. Spindle is quiet and less maintenance. Router is loud as, well a router.... Sounds like any hp above dremel will work for you.

Motor's are stepper or servo. Steppers are cheaper but can have issues if you push them (they don't end up where the control thinks they are). Steppers should be fine for you.

Rails are varied, the kits usually use a v bearing and a rail, anything professional will use a linear bearing or some type.

Control: mach3 is most common but it's not (what I consider) professional grade. Dsp seems common in Chinese machines but I know little about that.

The big thing is that I doubt any are true turn key. There will be fiddling and issues, so be prepared for that.

You might find someone with a low grade router, like you are contemplating, and have them run some parts on contract. If they are acceptable, then you know what you can live with.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Quote Originally Posted by justcnc View Post
    Hi!
    I do not have any experience with CNC, but I want to buy a cheap wood router. I have only about 6000$. I would like to print reliefs from .stl with it. It would be nice if the service was easy.The budget is low, so I am thinking about a Chinese one.
    I found this: china good quality jinan factory 1325 chinese cnc router -in Wood Router from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group. Is it good? Are there better ones?

Thanks for help.
    Hey justcnc,

Please be careful of your choice, the machine you mentioned come from Jinan, and all Chinese know that the CNC machines from jinan 90% are bad quality or terrible after-sale service. You can check this link for reference: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...-warranty.html
    Kindly introduce you a better one as follow:
    Attachment 276070
    Samples:
    Attachment 276072 Attachment 276074Attachment 276076
    Price reach Poland will be within $6200 , if you can tell me your email adress we would like to send you the comparasion sheet for our recommend machine and the machine you choose for you. As well as the clear quotation sheet.

By the way, do you have interest for laser engraving? Prices more competitive and speed more fast.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China
    Tel:400-027-1897 Fax:027-84618501
    Mobile: +86-15527861820(Whatsapp Available)
    Web:www.eetomachinery.com
    E-Mail:[email protected]