587,645 active members*
3,058 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Charter I.H. Clone build

Quote Originally Posted by buddydog View Post
    Mills in the back of the pickup but I got home to late to open or unload it but I'm still pretty excited!

Still a little confused about the ball screws and nuts so if possible please tell me if this might be a good place to start?:
    1oF ballscrew 1605 1500M Dia 16mm Pitch:5mm Length:1500mm with A Double Nut B | eBay

I would have to machine the ends and "capture them some how. Would those be the BF15's?

I forgot to mention this one would be for the X axis. Also it appears they come pre machined on the drive end so now I'm guessing a 60$ set of FK/FF15's would complete the set except for the mounts and then I could machine the "off" end to fit my own bearing design? Hope I have all this right.

One more edit here- I re read the earlier double ball nut posts and I think the one in the ebay link above is like what Ivette posted earlier. Not sure how it tightens to set backlash. It has what looks like a locking tab so maybe it turns one section for locking? I'll look around tonight and see if I can find a picture of a double nut set up like I think you used. I can't open a dxf file apparently.

This one looks more like what I think you bought but would need a second ball nut added to the mounting to take up lash?:
    Brand New SFU 1605 1200mm End Machine ballscrew Single ballnut for CNC | eBay
    the first one you posted is the style you would want. to adjust the backlash(which is supposed to be preloaded) you would put a different size spacer or some bellville spring washers (which requires removing the following nut). you can get these cheaper with custom machining through linearmotionbearings2008 (aka Chai). just email him since he does not post the doublenuts on ebay. [email protected]

Thank you for the reply. I'll email him. Do I want the 16mm? I looked under the X today and it's 1" acme! Maybe I should get 20 or even 25 mm?

Thank you for the reply. I'll email him. Do I want the 16mm? I looked under the X today and it's 1" acme! Maybe I should get 20 or even 25 mm?
    the ballnut is really the deciding factor, you should be able to cram the 20mm in the X and Y. a 25mm should fit in the column easy enough. the column overall should be the easiest to design. check out this link for dimensions and specs, they are all in metric.

the ballnut is really the deciding factor, you should be able to cram the 20mm in the X and Y. a 25mm should fit in the column easy enough. the column overall should be the easiest to design. here is a pic for dimensions they are all in metric.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 514129861_532.jpg