587,694 active members*
3,597 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Leadshine > MX4660 Power questions

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JSantars View Post
    Looking over the installation guide it shows two leads from supply and ground into the MX4660. Can someone elaborate on this for me?
    Should I come off of two power and ground terminals or split them. Or does it even matter?
    Also, Some diagrams show a shunt regulator inline. Is this only necessary for linear supplys? I have a chinese regulated switching supply. Will back EMF have an effect with a switching supply?
    I really dont want to have to replace those tiny onboard fuses because I used an estop.
    Thanks in advance
    Did you find an answer for this? Im considering buying the mx4660 and wondered this same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by aceboogy View Post
    Did you find an answer for this? Im considering buying the mx4660 and wondered this same thing.
    No. Not yet ace. Build has been on hold. Once I get around to the electronics again I'll probably contact automation tech or leadshine regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by aceboogy View Post
    Got a hold of leadshine USA and spoke with a nice fellow named Chris that said each line connector is rated 10A. That's why there are two for both power and ground. Since I'm using a 8.3A supply I'll be using only one power and one ground connection between the supply and driver. If I had a larger supply say 12A or above and I knew I'd be drawing that current then I would use two power and ground pins.

As far as the cap and shunt regulators go: This is to protect the MX4660 when using switching power supplys. I thought they would be more necessary with a linear supply, but the caps are smaller in a switching supply. So it was explained anyways.

I was referred to email support to get further detail on what shunts or what size caps are recommended.

I'll post when I get an email back from support.

Also, Chris said the manual will likely be updated in the next few weeks for clarity on these things.