587,531 active members*
3,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Camaster, ez router or shop bot

New to this and trying to narrow my choices. These are the brands that I'm seeing the most that appear to be in my price range. Looking for a 4'x8' or 5'x10' and will be cutting pvc, acrylic, aluminum composite, thin aluminum, lexan, etc.... Any input as to which is better? Which brand has a better reputation? Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Camaster, ez router or shop bot

Naturally a machine owner is Biased to the machine he owns, as well they support the companys as they need their support and access. I currently own the ATC 508 CAMaster which we use to cut 40-60 sheets daily for Cabinetry in our small plant. All of the carving work you see on my Website was done with various CAMaster machines I have owned over the last 8 years. (Upgrading each time) you can feel free to Jin the CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC forum and meet thousands of owners and get opinions on those machines. I do how ever always recommend you go visit shops and meet owners. CAMaster provides a map to find some near you. this will be a valuable tool in your search for Due diligence. you can feel free to visit my shop and see machines in action. (We are adding a second machine in two weeks)

the first top issue (and there were others) as to why I chose CAMaster over the machines you mentioned is the flat table and Welded precision ground frame, as a cabinetmaker loading and unloading sheets is nothing I want to do with a recessed bed, I believe EZ has fived this since I was hunting yet it and the Shopbot both had this issue when I was hunting.. additionall I am sold on the wincnc controller and its stability the company does not beta test on its customers it is well proven and a true work hores for the commercial end user

or watch mine live during the weekday

McGrew Camaster ATC 508 | Dropcam

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mcgre...3635029?ref=hl
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl