587,118 active members*
2,685 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Shaft Encoders Revolution III CNC Bed Mill

Shaft Encoders Revolution III CNC Bed Mill

Hi guys

I have a Revolution III CNC bed mill. In the past I have had to purchase a shaft encoder for one of the axis. The Encoder is an ACCU Coder 755A-01-2000-R-HV. These are costly little buggers at about $350 each. I need another one and was wondering if there is a good cheaper replacement for this encoder or there is a good cheap source for these. I have a 4th axis that came with the machine that is in need of an encoder because I used the one that was in it for the Y axis in the milling machine.

Can anyone help me.

Gary

[email protected]

Look at US Digital or Koyo for lower priced encoders.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Look at US Digital or Koyo for lower priced encoders.
    Al.
    Thanks Al, it looks like the US Digital HBM5 will work and is about half the price. I talked with Josh up on Vancouver, very nice and helpful guy, and he says it looks like it should be no problem. I am waiting to see if they can repair my encoder for $100 which would be cheaper if not I will probably go for the US Digital encoder as a good, cheaper, and newer technology alternative.

Thanks for the lead.

Re: Shaft Encoders Revolution III CNC Bed Mill

Look,... if you have at least, a basic knowledge of electronics and digital electronics: then I think, you may be able to use the encoders ,that happens to be used, to control home printers. At least the Canon models have the discs and the optical device.
    They are small, but they will be more than enough to provide low volt bits to a controller and at really high resolution.

I have 3 servo-drive from Danfoss. They have the encoders and the drives integrated inside the housing ,and all connections between drive, motor and encoder happens inside the housing.. Really strong Dc synchronous! 10Nm torque and 300Vdc power input, 600 rpm..
    I am really excited about using them in my Cnc router all 20mm thick all reinforced aluminum structure with steel reinforced angles and connections and dove tail linear rails : but I am still trying to find a solution to interface this motors with a g-code interpreter software. I still don't know what kind of controlling board can go between the servo drive and the computer, or even Way to connect them with my serial port, using or not a controlling board for the 3 idependnt axis.
    The drives inside the motor talk Iec61131-3 and communicate via Can bus protocol.
    So I am having difficult to understand the way in which the g code signals will reach and make itself understood to the motor drives located inside the housing.
    My vague ideas is that I could use a regular pulse and direction generator board to coordinate 3 axis. But between the servo drives and the board I might have to use a can bus inverter .. I will appreciate if anyone have experience with servo-drive motor connection and programming and would be willing to give me a hand..

Enviado de meu SM-G530H usando Tapatalk