587,698 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 105 9101112132161

Hybrid View

Re: OmioCNC report

My machine runs great now but I have a slight "bent" issue as well but not quite like your issue. When you view my machine from a lower point of view you can see that one leg is up off the table by about 1/4" which puts the bed about 3/4" up so I slid a small chunck of 3/4" wood under that corner just to stabilize it while it runs. It wiggled a little which is how I noticed it wasn't level.

I'll try to take a pic sometime to post. So far it hasn't caused any problems but I'm wondering which piece of the machine may be out of whack! Everything appears to be bolted together flush so...?

Could be one side of the end profile being slightly bent or one profile being slightly twisted. I found the same problem on my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    Could be one side of the end profile being slightly bent or one profile being slightly twisted. I found the same problem on my machine.
    Dang. Well its not interupting the operation of the machine so I guess it's not an issue yet!

Yes, that part!
    The gantry arm seem okay.Moves relatively smooth.

I did manage to fit the coupler by filing it down, but they need to package the machine better. The rod ever pierce the box!

Good to hear that it is getting sorted I just hope the cargo handlers are not using mine as practice for a luggage throwing competition

Hmm. December. Sure it's not just thermal shock going from 32º in Hong Kong depot to -11,527º in wintery Norway?

Oh, it's not really that cold yet. At least, not here...

stigoe, was there any clear evidence when you received the shipment that it had been through rough handling, or did it look ok from the outside? I guess the gantry is in a separate box with the cnc controller. where these ok?

No, there were no clear indications that the box had had a rough trip across the world. Everything else was in a separate box. Haven't seen any indications that anything else has a problem. Other than the short cables and not grounded spindle... But that is easily fixed.

Stig

"Shipment information received" for seven days now Ordered a lot of tools in while waiting so I'm ready to go once I get it. I've been thinking about getting a quiet compressor for my machine since the one I have makes a lot of noise. I've been looking at the one in the link below (Norwegian site). What do you guys think? Is it to small? It gives 23l/min, 4Bar max and is 90Watt/0,12Hp. The specs doesn't look any good but it only gives out 47dB(A) and that's a lot more quiet than my big compressor.

Minikompressor MC 90 - Airbrush Kompressor - Biltema

I wouldn't. Air dusters use a tonne of air and, if you set up with a mister for ali work, it's a continual drag of quite a reasonable amount of air. You're going to need some decent flow to keep up in those circumstances.

I know where you're coming from, though. A noisy compressor running means I can't use the machine in the evenings because I like my neighbours and want them to like me.

Still. Rather than spending a bucket of cash on a new compressor which probably won't keep up, I'm going to be spending a fraction of that on a box and foam lining for my noisy compressor, with a bit of a labyrinth on inlet/outlet and a normal ceiling fan to run cooling and fill air through the insides. Then I have some quiet and a lot of air.

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    I wouldn't. Air dusters use a tonne of air and, if you set up with a mister for ali work, it's a continual drag of quite a reasonable amount of air. You're going to need some decent flow to keep up in those circumstances.

I know where you're coming from, though. A noisy compressor running means I can't use the machine in the evenings because I like my neighbours and want them to like me.

Still. Rather than spending a bucket of cash on a new compressor which probably won't keep up, I'm going to be spending a fraction of that on a box and foam lining for my noisy compressor, with a bit of a labyrinth on inlet/outlet and a normal ceiling fan to run cooling and fill air through the insides. Then I have some quiet and a lot of air.
    Well after having used Kool-Mist type systems for decades, the not-fog-buster DIY's look to be the ticket. Depending on design, they seem to function quite well down to 15 PSI. Typical builds use 1/8" brass tube with an I.D of 1/16". From this chart Air Flow Through Orifices we see that a 1/16" orifice running at 15 PSI will consume about 1.68 CFM, or 47.5 liters per minute per nozzle, without a tip. So with that, the 23 liters per minute mentioned in the previous post would not be adequate.

I have the 2.5hp Makita (MAC 2400) up in the woodshop and am amazed at how quiet it is, so I wanted to get a dedicated compressor for the CNC to be moved downstairs, and chose the 2.0hp Makita (MAC 700). So now, I'll only have to fire up my 3hp/220v mongo for a 3/4" impact driver The 2.0hp weighs in at about 52 pounds, so it's still manageable to lug around single handed if you need to power a nailer. So, fwiw, that's my recommendation .. Amazon.com: Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor: Home Improvement .. Happy Trails!

DIY not-fog-buster videos .. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...fog+buster+diy
    The brass tube (makes two nozzels) Brass Round Tubing, 1/8" OD, 0.061" ID, 0.032" Wall, 12" Length: Metal Tubes: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
    Resivoir .. Pentek 158117 1/4" #10 Slim Line Clear Filter Housing: Replacement Water Filters: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
    Regulator .. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IDCYKEY?
    Solinoid valve (12vdc @120ma)* ..http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IGHNUI?
    6mm PU hose .. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MO66FO?
    6mm x 1/8" mpt straights .. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ITFO78?
    6mm x 1/8" mpt 90's .. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FH6T7FG? (recv'd 90's as pictured)
    Needle valve bodies. I got these to play with .. YT vids have construction details if you want to start from scratch.
    The needle allows for precise metering of your coolant, which is under resivoir pressure, unlike the Kool-Mist systems
    which rely on syphoning effect at the tip. Ymmv .. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBQ2D62?

*To be powered with my 12vdc@3a controller modification (Noisy Fan thread). Probably .. pneumatic boot as well.
    Lottery winners .. click here http://www.fogbuster.com/Fog%20Buste...der%20Form.pdf

My X6-2200L arrived yesterday and will be unboxing it in the next few days. Anything that I should know from you guys that have been through this? Any tips and tricks? I've read something about grounding the spindle. I've been around EDM machines for years but this is new to me.

I haven't bothered grounding things, haven't had any issues.

Pretty much bolt it together and go nuts, I think we've all tinkered with improvements of one kind or another but mine worked out of the box.

Received the new profiles yesterday afternoon, but I didn't have time until this morning with testing them. Now everything looks much better...

Since I squared up the rail profiles, I had to make slightly offset holes in the table profiles. Of course, there is a slight difference in position of the holes from the two sides, so on 3 of the 4 profiles, I made the new holes on the wrong end of the profile... Otherwise, everything went together without any problems. Omio had also included new bearings for the ball screw. The one on the motor end was the same size as the AC bearings I have, so I used one of those instead.

Since I have put the router turned 90 degrees compared with the "normal" way, I also want to swap X and Y, but I don't seem to be able to do that. I have swapped the step/dir pins under ports/pins and restarted Mach, but it still moves like it did originally. I could swap the motor wires, but I would like to get it set up correctly in Mach instead. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Stig

Hey stig you can change directions on axis. Change the direction in your step/dir area but also be sure to change the numbers in your homing / limits area and also go into the config for the controller card and make sure your home switch directions are set correctly also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustmite View Post
    Hey stig you can change directions on axis. Change the direction in your step/dir area
    Do you mean under Config - Ports and Pins - Motor Outputs? If so, I have swapped the pins between X and Y without any change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustmite View Post
    go into the config for the controller card and make sure your home switch directions are set correctly also.
    Where do I find this? Under PlugIns Control - XncPod vX.XX Config?

Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    Do you mean under Config - Ports and Pins - Motor Outputs? If so, I have swapped the pins between X and Y without any change.

Where do I find this? Under PlugIns Control - XncPod vX.XX Config?

Stig
    Ya stig, that plugin config is important if you start messing with axis direction etc, otherwise you could end up hitting the home switch and have it try to keep moving past the switches instead of retracting off them. I actually converted my machine to imperial rather than metric, so I had to change these values since they were originally metric.

So an update, received my machine. But I noticed that protruding X-axis rod has slightly flare-out (increased radius).Making it impossible to couple it
    with the motor.

I have contacted OMIO regarding this, since the damaged during shipment but has yet received any reply.

Do you guys has any idea?

So the rod got dinged on the end which put it out of round a bit?

My concern would be more whether such an impact had bent other things like the gantry arms personally.

You should fairly easily be able to file down the ding in order to fit in the coupler... Definitely check there is no damage to the rest of the gantry though.

Page 11 of 105 9101112132161