587,243 active members*
3,284 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Need to pick your brains.. 1032 alarm a and 923-01 alarm p

Need to pick your brains.. 1032 alarm a and 923-01 alarm p

An old Okuma Cadet Mate 4020 with OSP 700M

In the middle of cutting and the ol' girl shut down with a 1032-01 alarm A, SVP SA error X Axis. After power up shows 923-01 Alarm P SVP SA Communication error X-axis 2.

Essentially screwed if I don't get this resolved straight away.

Anyone have any answers?

thanks in advance...............

I would start with the X axis drive unit

what LED's are on the drive when it stops and after rebooting? could be the drive, but could be the SVP board.

Have found no doubt to be a problem with the drive for x and y axes, specifically I guess the x portion of that drive. When power was on, the only red LED that was lit was one which said "loss", whatever that means. I thought I had a servo drive manual here somewhere, but can not find it.

One could hear sort of a "hiss" sound that reminded me of a high frequency noise from a switching power supply being shorted. I did find on the top board that there is a diode smoked and a capacitor that appears to have heated up itself. These are near what I'll call "encapsulated" sub boards. There are like 6 or 7 of these boards in a row, surrounded by these diodes and capacitors, 4 diodes and 6 capacitors on each side of the row if I recollect correct.

Anyhow, didn't know if anyone had any experience digging into these. My only fear is maybe try some fixing only to find there may be more wrong.

Or, does anyone perhaps know a reasonable place to work on these drives? I was told a new drive is over $6000, which is pretty damn far out there

So this is a dual axis drive (BLIID type A)? The "loss" LED refers to the control circuit voltage being out of normal range. See if the HM3.2 fuse on the SVC card is blown. How is the voltage going into the drive (R,S,T)? We do repair and exchange of these drives if you are interested, you can contact me at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by annoying View Post
    Have found no doubt to be a problem with the drive for x and y axes, specifically I guess the x portion of that drive. When power was on, the only red LED that was lit was one which said "loss", whatever that means. I thought I had a servo drive manual here somewhere, but can not find it.

One could hear sort of a "hiss" sound that reminded me of a high frequency noise from a switching power supply being shorted. I did find on the top board that there is a diode smoked and a capacitor that appears to have heated up itself. These are near what I'll call "encapsulated" sub boards. There are like 6 or 7 of these boards in a row, surrounded by these diodes and capacitors, 4 diodes and 6 capacitors on each side of the row if I recollect correct.

Anyhow, didn't know if anyone had any experience digging into these. My only fear is maybe try some fixing only to find there may be more wrong.

Or, does anyone perhaps know a reasonable place to work on these drives? I was told a new drive is over $6000, which is pretty damn far out there
    I had a similar problem with 2 BLD2 drive.
    Okuma (gosiger) didn't even want to replace them, just upgrade with another version and it was around $5000 each!
    Got a quote from a lab and they were charging $1500 for each.
    I ended up inspecting the 2 drives and found some kind of corrosion under a few capacitors.
    I ordered a bunch of them online ($0.35 each!) and replaced all the suspicious ones.
    A few hours of work and about $40 later (shipping was much more than the capacitors) and the drives are working perfectly...
    If you feel comfortable with soldering, take your time and replace every suspicious element, chances are that you will save tons of money...if it doesn't solve your problem, then send the board for repair.
    just my 2 cents advice...

Re: Need to pick your brains.. 1032 alarm a and 923-01 alarm p

hello, i´m having the same problem,may you give me the name of that lab, i tried to fix it my self but every thing seems to be just fine (but i just have a multi-meter), thank for your time.
    Regards.

Hello kevin, i am trying to contact you on that mail but something seems to be wrong, may be my mail, may you contact to me? i am interested on repair or exchange a drive, my e-mail address is [email protected] [email protected] or at +5216142738332, also have whats app, thanks for your time.

Regards.

Okuma BL2D, BLIID drives can sometimes be repaired by replacing capacitors. Follow the pdf link to help determine if the BL2D drive, motor/encoder or SVP board is the problem. The pdf link also identifies what the alarm LEDs indicate.
    We rebuild and exchange tested drives. http://cncrepair.com/docs/Okuma-BL2-...leshooting.pdf