587,193 active members*
2,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: BobCAD-CAM V27

I am only a hobbyist using BOB, but even I know that you don't load up new CAM software, send a file to the machine and just let it rip. Trying new cam on a 130K machine I would program a simple part and "air cut" it in single block mode while looking at the next line of code to see it was not ging to do something stupid. This would be after getting a sucessful simulation and looking the code over. This form is one of the reasons I purchased BOB, there are knowledgable people on here that will help you out if you need it. I never understand why people ***** about software not doing what they paid for when they are offer a functional demo.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Most important first set of questions that need to be answered has been requested by The Engine Guy:

"Several unanswered questions here, what is the machine, what control does it use eg Fanuc, Anilam, Heidenhain etc or is it an "odd ball" control that has unusual characters/code"

This is the basis for the post, and without a post that is properly configured to work with your machine, NO code made by any CAM program can work! There are some proprietary motion control systems out there that just are not supported by BobCAD, but they are usually an exception and for specialized industries.

You were getting the CNC operator to help answer our questions several hours back. Did I miss a reply or is s/he one of the other posters (not under your User ID)?
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Last call, please supply the information needed to help you out, otherwise this whole thing is a bit pointless and boils down to just a "rant"

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Thank you all so much for the help and input, I apologize, but my operator is working in the shop, and I can only get responses from him when he isnt busy (We still have our older CNC running jobs). I will forward all of your information to him, and will post his responses in a short while.
    Again, thank you all so much!

I have to agree with Engine Guy in that Bobcad usually produces good moves, unless I do something wrong. Getting the post to output what you want exactly can be a bit trickery, but movement commands are usually pretty standard, unless you have an uncommon exotic control on your machine, then a custom post is going to be necessary.

Also, when I get a new machine or a new Cam software I tend to look the code over pretty good manually and on the simulator, plus dry run it in air first (at least part of the code) to make sure everything looks fine till I get comfortable that what the software is generating is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Last call, please supply the information needed to help you out, otherwise this whole thing is a bit pointless and boils down to just a "rant"

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

I would wish the Moderator would just erase these threads.
    Just a pointless rant.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I would wish the Moderator would just erase these threads.
    Just a pointless rant.
    Just because your a Bobcad groupie does not mean other people have to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    maybe jumping in on some of your great threads would be of some use.Sounds like you play with toy machines

btw,,just because your a douchebag,doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    I think jrmach, like me, is losing the will to live with this one, I'm damned if I can see why the OP needs "his operator" to add make, model and controller details for the machine to this thread.
    Equipment info is such basic information that it's impossible for anyone to do more than guess at the source of the issues without it, the fact that some of the most helpful members here are becoming increasingly frustrated at the continuing lack of this basic information shouldn't really be a surprise,

- Nick

A "groupie"?

Is that what we call someone who puts in effort and time to help others?

I thought it was someone who hangs around unwanted trying to attract attention with their wee wee....

I can tell who my particular definitions fit...

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAnn86 View Post
    Has anybody else had problems with this program? If so, please explain!
    We (as a company) have had NOTHING BUT ISSUES WITH this!! We have had the program for 3 months and still have not been able to produce a single item! Not to mention the service is horrendous, being lied to on multiple occasions, and lets not fail to mention that it almost drove a bit into our brand new 130,000.00 + CNC Machine!
    After multiple attempts at new post processors, and even hiring a tech (VERY experienced) to come in full time Mon-Fri to work with techs at BobCad-Cam, we have requested a refund and just got a letter back denying us and blatantly calling our company a bunch of liars!
    :nono:
    I am beyond irate at this point and would like to hear other opinions and experiences from customers, good or bad please...
    Thank you,
    Ashley Ann
    In all honesty, everything that you just said in this post sounds like your problem is not with bobcad, but you have an incompetent cnc guy.

If in the last three months your guy can't produce a good part, then he is not the guy for the job. Any cnc guy worth his salt should be able to hand write the code for the machine to produce a good part, then all he has to do is edit his post to get the cam system to match the hand written code, which again, any good cnc guy can do.

And I'm sorry you feel like your cam almost drove a bit into your new machine, but there again, it comes back to your cnc guy.

On a side note, I will do in-house training to get your guy up to being a quality cnc guy!

Page 2 of 2 12