Quote Originally Posted by wsquire View Post
I am running into an issue with efficiently removing chips from the floor of my VF7 HAAS, the parts that are normally run on the machine produce a lot of chips and require at least two hours of clean up per 10 hour day. I have been trying to find something online for a coolant flush system for the floor specifically but I havent found much that is focused on the specific need. I was wondering if anyone had ideas or know of any systems designed for removing chips off of a Vertical CNC's floor. The chips are pretty heavy and I would prefer they all get blown into the chip auger continuously when I am running these parts.
I don't have any pictures, but at one time I fabricated up a coolant wash to do exactly what you are looking for. I ran a piece of 3/4" PVC tubing at the bottom and across the back wall of the enclosure ( I only did one side) drilling small holes across the length for coolant to jet out of. I piped the supply up next to the Z axis rails and out the back. For my system I just tapped into the main coolant pump supply, but I found that the stock pump couldn't deliver the volume that my setup required resulting in a loss of pressure at the programmable coolant spigot. I managed to run for a little while with this setup and it did a very good job of keeping the chips flushed into the auger trough. I later pulled it out after the job was done and due to the hassle of the pressure drop for the coolant delivery to the tool.

There might be things you can do the help alleviate the pressure drop at the spindle, but if I were to incorporate that system again, I would install a second pump and tie it into the same start circuit as the main pump.

Hope this helps.