588,044 active members*
4,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > PathPilot Upgrade - My experience

Hybrid View

Re: PathPilot Upgrade - My experience

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    Gee, guys.... Isn't it just possible you're both right?
    Regards,
    Ray L.
    Ray- It reminds me of that episode of " All In The Family" where Archie and the Meathead argue over whether its best to put on 1 shoe and sock at a time or both socks followed by both shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by GITERDUN View Post
    Ray- It reminds me of that episode of " All In The Family" where Archie and the Meathead argue over whether its best to put on 1 shoe and sock at a time or both socks followed by both shoes.
    If you're enjoying it you might also want to search for the Procunier threads on this forum
    Step

Quote Originally Posted by GITERDUN View Post
    Ha! that one really made an impression on me and I haven't seen it in 30 years! In software development (and we are writing code here), commands are "safest" and easiest to debug if they are atomic - meaning just one thing on a line. That said, one can do it however one wants but.......

It only takes a couple good crashed tools to put the fear in ya. I also like breaking up major functions in a program and run all the parts for a "side", then run the next side on another program etc. like mentioned above.. keeps things real simple. I also avoid running code from the middle somewhere, as sure as *&*T I forgot some move or setting that will end up burying the tool in the part - or worse the vise or table (done both)...

Experience is a harsh teacher! I do like Path Pilot better than Mach for sure, which seems to have a number of "Ghosts in the machine" that would bite from time to time. I'm glad to decouple the pulse from the PC clock.