587,517 active members*
2,810 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Plasma Table

Hybrid View

Re: Plasma Table

Hi John,

Encoder signals do not have any 4us requirement. They are basically A/B square waves not pulses. The max count rate for the encoder inputs are specified at 1 million quadrature transitions/second (250KHz cycles for both A and B). The encoder signals are sampled at 16.67MHz and pass through a programmable digital filter to eliminate noise glitches. The default level of filtering is 7 which means the A/B levels must be continuously stable (high or low) for 7/16.67 = 0.42us to be considered a valid transition. The range for the digital filtering is from 1 - 255.

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Re: Plasma Table

Tom

Thank you. This is exactly what I need to do, with the exception of a longer (about 8ms) measuring period. I figured out the difference between PC commands to the KFLOP and the functions provided for the KFLOP DSP compiler just before you posted.

Now I have a question about modifying the KMotionCNC screen. Following Troy's instructions in the attached post work, I will shortly try and actually add functionality. Now if I delete (as opposed to make it not visible )a button or display object where in what code do I have to remove the reference to it so KMotionCNC will run without errors? Also I want to change which screen the example will compile from, presently it uses the IDD_KMOTIONCNC_6_LATHE_2_AXES screen in the example and I want to use another or create my own from another screen (Dialog?), how do I do this. Sorry for the newby VS questions, I find it a very difficult environment to work in.

I have read references to using version 4.33++ files to build the required software from i other threads. I can only find the 4.32 versions on the web site, where are the latest source files kept?

I hope to have somewhat clean flow charts for Z axis probing and THC to post soon.

John