588,086 active members*
4,955 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 131 of 184 3181121129130131132133141181
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Hi Defeng

I use the version of 3.043.022. It seems ok for now. will try 062 as you suggested.
    DEFINITELY go to the .062 version. It is much better than .022.
    Do NOT go to the final .066 version: it was a backward step. Not good.

Is all that factory space yours, or do you share it with others?

Cheers
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Hi Defeng

DEFINITELY go to the .062 version. It is much better than .022.
    Do NOT go to the final .066 version: it was a backward step. Not good.

Is all that factory space yours, or do you share it with others?

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi Roger,

Thank you. I will use 062 version then as you suggested.

I don't have such a big factory yet but only share a small part there making the enclosures and storing them. Our current assembling workroom is smaller but it's an independent place to build machines. About to move to a new bigger workroom soon because it's too crowded now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0178_??.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	297870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	???? 053_??.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	333.7 KB 
ID:	297872
    www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: [email protected]; Skype: skyfirecnc

Definitely love this adjustable stand wheel !

Little teaser on the futur ATC !

Gulp....Batman, this is bigger than both of us.....LOL.

Hi Jips, that is some awesome ATC......your own design?
    Ian.

Hi Defeng

Well, it looks massive. Does it make the mill unstable - likely to tip sideways?
    And that motor - it's HUGE! Does it have to be that big?

Cheers
    Roger

I think he may be designing just one size fits all and he may have larger machines in the future. Besides, bigger motors never hurt nothing, right? You have seen tool cribs behind a machine before. This one takes the machine to the tool crib.
    Lee

Hi Defeng

Well, it looks massive. Does it make the mill unstable - likely to tip sideways?

Cheers
    Roger
    the motor is about as small as they make them.

the motor is about as small as they make them.
    Having seen Swiss micromotors down to about 5 mm OD (five millimetres), I have my doubts about that.

cheers
    Roger

Hi Defeng

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi RCaffin,

the machine casting frame totall weight is about 550kg, And the ATC is about 35kg, plus some tools it should be no more than 80kgs. So it will not trip sideway. and the total frame will be mount to a stand. It will be more stable in the stand+enclosure over 300kg.

About the spindle motor, it's a standard industrial AC SERVO 8000RPM spindle motor rated 2.2kw power. It's a little big but it will give SVM-2 excellent cutting capacity. I'm developing a more compact size AC SERVO spindle motor at same power and hope to reach 10000-12000RPM. But it will take time..still under initial testing now.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Hi, when we get down to having to have an ATC, the sophistication is only as good as the components in the build.

In order to get more grunt out of the same package you need to go to 3 phase, which apart from the simplicity of the 3 phase motor per se, and relatively cheapness, that is your only option.........no one is even thinking of a hydraulic motor, and they can get down to small sizes with unbelievable power at all RPM's.

You do need a power pack to supply the effort, but as it's off the machine and tucked away somewhere it won't impact on the actual mechanism the hydro motor drives;

Anything in the electrical mode is governed by the supply current......240 volts in single or 3 phase still is the limiting factor for the frame size......no one wants to have a small motor that runs on 1,000 volts and can handle 100 amps, whereas a small hydraulic motor is quite happy when the supply is 250 atmospheres or around 3,500 psi....the torque is out of this world.
    Ian.

the machine casting frame totall weight is about 550kg, And the ATC is about 35kg, plus some tools it should be no more than 80kgs. So it will not trip sideway. and the total frame will be mount to a stand. It will be more stable in the stand+enclosure over 300kg.
    Seems fair enough then.

About the spindle motor, it's a standard industrial AC SERVO 8000RPM spindle motor rated 2.2kw power.
    Oh, no problems about the spindle motor. It's the grey (servo?) motor out on the ATC arm - maybe rotating the tool-holder, that I was asking about. It seems rather large and heavy.

Cheers
    Roger

the problem with that Ian 3 phase in NZ, aus, usa, england. is a bit different. and a lot of the 3 phase controller from chinese companies are not to good, defeng has to be careful what one he get`s, single to 3 phase VFD or VSD same problem.

same with hydro motors, power packs. also ever had a hydraulic pipe blow in front of ya oil goes everywhere and it hurts when it hits you in the faces, nice burns to. then you still need to hit Estop with oil everywhere it`s the next level in danger.

the power system in Aus still needs the big upgrade finished so the whole country as the same voltage
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    good news Ian~ you have a significant progress there. LOL

Every time you open MACH3 it will be at ESTOP status. and you should read a red message in status bar "connected to JNC-40M motion control card". Click "RESET" button and turn MACH3 to normal conditions.

Since I started to post a problem solution report yesterday, I'd like to finish it now.

we found a batch of coating of the enclosure was not good and that is not good for us. So we now stopped the cooperation of that supplier and found a new one to provide high quality enclosures under serious QC. All enclosures are now product with CNC blanking and CNC binding machines.
    Attachment 297842 Attachment 297844

enclosure parts are well welded on large flat tables
    Attachment 297846 Attachment 297848

phosphating before coating- can observe the conducted parts turns grey.
    Attachment 297850

adjusted the colorways also to make the enclosure more soft and comofortable
    Attachment 297858Attachment 297860Attachment 297862Attachment 297864

And last pictures are the newly developed ATC machine enclosure. It has been powder coated.
    Attachment 297852 Attachment 297854Attachment 297856
    Hi, I'm going to give the mill a try today with the computer and mach3 now configured as instructed.

Looking at the set-up you are now into, that means the final product will be more expensive....Ja?........I think at this level of perfection only money can solve the finishing problems.

I fully agree that a quality product is only as good as the level of the manufacture, but I get the impression that the quality you are aiming for is going to be mainly aimed at the larger mills that can give you a better ROI.

The SVM-0 mill I bought is as good as you would want to make it, otherwise you'll drive the price up and reduce sales etc......but I do like the idea of phosphating the steel enclosure and powder coating it....... it'll last for ever.

That is one item you don't want to have rust developing in......anything steel, with water based coolants around, will rust out eventually without a level of protection like that.......especially under the mill where the coolant would lay and quietly rust the bottom out.

It has been said that a very low addition of nickel and chromium added to steel, but much less than regular stainless steel, would make rusting practically non existent......cost per kilo slightly greater than plain mild steel.
    Ian.

na it will be cheaper Ian the chinese government alway Help those who pay lots of tax and toe the line and give there self a good internation name selling top notch products.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jips Roger is right that motor to spin the carousel is far too big A big nema 23 would work or a small servo motor,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seems fair enough then.

Oh, no problems about the spindle motor. It's the grey (servo?) motor out on the ATC arm - maybe rotating the tool-holder, that I was asking about. It seems rather large and heavy.

Cheers
    Roger
    sorry Roger, I misunderstood what you mean. actually it's not very big one. about same size as NEMA34 motors.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    jips Roger is right that motor to spin the carousel is far too big A big nema 23 would work or a small servo motor,
    lol. need to say that the point is not driving the carousel rotate, but the acceleration. We always hope the ATC work faster to save machining time as we are talking about an effective ATC machine. We may want the ATC changes a tool in 3-5 seconds. It needs the carousel accelerates fast and then needs more strength from the motor. So it has a good reason here to use a big motor.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi, I'm going to give the mill a try today with the computer and mach3 now configured as instructed.

Looking at the set-up you are now into, that means the final product will be more expensive....Ja?........I think at this level of perfection only money can solve the finishing problems.

I fully agree that a quality product is only as good as the level of the manufacture, but I get the impression that the quality you are aiming for is going to be mainly aimed at the larger mills that can give you a better ROI.

The SVM-0 mill I bought is as good as you would want to make it, otherwise you'll drive the price up and reduce sales etc......but I do like the idea of phosphating the steel enclosure and powder coating it....... it'll last for ever.

That is one item you don't want to have rust developing in......anything steel, with water based coolants around, will rust out eventually without a level of protection like that.......especially under the mill where the coolant would lay and quietly rust the bottom out.

It has been said that a very low addition of nickel and chromium added to steel, but much less than regular stainless steel, would make rusting practically non existent......cost per kilo slightly greater than plain mild steel.
    Ian.
    Hi Ian, No problem. keep in touch with me and our support team and we will do our best to help run your SVM-0 up...lol

In a word, everything is related to money.. I won't hesitate to invest to improve the machine quality and performance. That's what I've been doing all this year. SKYFIRE CNC is now beyond a machine building but a brand building period. I don't want to product cheap things. I want to product good things at every details with relatively low price. Maybe not sell many at beginning but long term success is more important.

I separate every SVM series to several types and many options- such as SVM-1S, SVM1-P, SVM-1E, SVM-1MC...and other options to make sure buyer can find a machine configuration meets his budget and requirements. This give us a lot of trouble and cost much more invests---have to design/prepare many more parts---but I'd like to do that making customers comfortable..LOL

Price is an important factor, but I think the value VS price is the most concern... don't forget we provide economic choices all the time..

I'm pretty satisfied with the upgraded enclosure production now. make me feel safe about quality..haha

What you said about the steel +Ni+Cr is actually stainless steel..but maybe low level such as 201#. 304# will be much better.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi, when we get down to having to have an ATC, the sophistication is only as good as the components in the build.

In order to get more grunt out of the same package you need to go to 3 phase, which apart from the simplicity of the 3 phase motor per se, and relatively cheapness, that is your only option.........no one is even thinking of a hydraulic motor, and they can get down to small sizes with unbelievable power at all RPM's.

You do need a power pack to supply the effort, but as it's off the machine and tucked away somewhere it won't impact on the actual mechanism the hydro motor drives;

Anything in the electrical mode is governed by the supply current......240 volts in single or 3 phase still is the limiting factor for the frame size......no one wants to have a small motor that runs on 1,000 volts and can handle 100 amps, whereas a small hydraulic motor is quite happy when the supply is 250 atmospheres or around 3,500 psi....the torque is out of this world.
    Ian.
    Actually.. the ATC prototype in the picture I will run with 220VAC single phase. 3 phase is much easier and I provide also. The target is to let people be able to run a MINI industrial VMC but no need 3 phase power supply. At least I have the single phase SERVO driver and run up the spindle motor already.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Page 131 of 184 3181121129130131132133141181