587,687 active members*
3,663 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Just a little update:

Bodor sent me a spreadsheet I had to fill out for the shipment. Wasn't sure what most of it meant or needed to say, so I got on the horn with my forwarder and he helped me fill it all out. Apparently there is something called an ISF that needed to be filed prior to Bodor being able to ship the laser.

This is what an ISF is:
    The Importer Security Filing (ISF), also known as 10+2, is a US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulation requiring importers and vessel carriers to provide data electronically to CBP for in-bound ocean shipments.

So, it took a few days for it to be accepted, and now Bodor has the necessary information and has tendered the shipment to their forwarded in Hong Kong.

So, it's now officially on it's way! Very excited!!!

Wade

PS. Sounds like customs clearance costs, duties, etc... will run me approximately $700-800 over the cost of the laser. Right on my budget!

Quote Originally Posted by wwendorf View Post
    Just a little update:

PS. Sounds like customs clearance costs, duties, etc... will run me approximately $700-800 over the cost of the laser. Right on my budget!
    Is the $700 to $800 your total shipping costs?

Hi wwendorf

I am closely follow your thread because i want in the near future to purchase the same or smaller (BCL-1006XU) laser machine from Bodor. I have clarified over couple of emails with Bodor all the options with the laser tube inside the chassis of the machine and not with an extend cover. They offer smaller laser machines with the option of higher tubes in 60, 100, 120 or 150 Watts but they require extend covers as the bigger tubes exceeds the chassis. Something that i really do not like. This is why i found that the BCL-1006XU with 100Watts or BCL1309XU with 120 or 150Watts are the only options for me. It is crazy to think that this kind of machine could cost 10 times more expensive if you choose Universal, Epilog or a branded similar company. I also looked many Chinese suppliers all these months and i also found that Bodor is maybe the best of them. For sure the quality of software mainly and hardware cannot be as the branded names, but i could not afford them...

So, i am looking forward for your review on working on the machine you received and please let me know about the total quality of delivery, assembly, wires etc etc. The good thing is that here in Greece there is a shop that sells Bodor, so i will have all the necessary support that is crucial in this case. thanks in advance. Polis