587,752 active members*
4,643 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > problems with saving drawing and changing scale

problems with saving drawing and changing scale

Hi all. Im a user of bobcad v21 for a couple of years now. Its been good till recently. Sometimes, not every time, when I save a drawing, then go to re open it a few days later, the scale is all screwed up. I mean really screwed. a drawing 85 cm tall ends up 17710 cm tall! Yes, Im editing environment from mm to inch because the drawings are done in metric, and cut using sae size bits. Seems like it should save as is when left though. What possible thing could cause the scaling to go haywire?

This is unacceptable. Re scaling the drawing results in a loss of accuracy, and messed up height width ratios.

Help! I dont know if Im doing something wrong or what.

Re: problems with saving drawing and changing scale

I remember that V21 and earlier did not handle being changed from one mode to another very well (inch to metric or vice-versa). What operating system are you using V21 on? Anything newer than Windows XP would also probably cause it to work unpredictably (Windows XP had only been out a couple years when V21 came out).

I would suggest that you just stick to one environment or the other (mm or inch). If you do your drawing in metric, do the programming in metric as well. I've been programming in metric using SAE tooling since V18 and have never found it to be difficult at all. You just need to know the equivalent sizing and a person can memorize the bulk of them in a day or two. 1/2" = 12.7mm, 1/4" = 6.35mm, and so on. For 99% of what I have ever cut, I don't even need a calculator to figure out the equivalent size in metric, so I know it is not hard to do it this way.