Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
I tried the G64 P0 edited into the first line of the program, it ran fine and seemed to be more constant on the feedrate, may be wishful thinking, mind over matter, or whatever, but it seemed to work better.

I have some long contours coming up, that was a problem with the cutter stopping during the cut, I will see if it helps there.

It was also making anomalys in my waterline finishing ops in one section, they were hard to see unless you were looking for them.

Hopefully the G64 P0 will cure the problem, or maybe it will be changed in later updates of PathPilot, it has a few rough edges yet but it hasnt made an unprogrammed move yet and thats a very good thing!!!
Hi Mike, sorry for not getting back to you, I've been "out of action" for a while...
The G64 was discussed some time ago on this forum but for just the opposite reason:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormac...ml#post1662938
I thought perhaps Tormach had since modified the G64 behaviour (without a P parameter) to be more like G64 P0.005 as "samco" indicated above, so I ran a test with a fresh installation of PathPilot V1.4, the earliest version I have, to see if the behavior was originally different but my test code showed the exact same behaviour. Shred did however point out that he was using an early Beta version so perhaps something was changed prior to V1.4.
This is not how I expect G64 to behave per default (but then I'm no G-Code expert). I can see the advantages of both variants but I don't want the feed to stop unexpectedly for several reasons - not only does the finish suffer but the chipload drops briefly to almost zero during roughing ops!
It would be interesting to find out how Mach3 compares when running the same code but I don't have time to play with Mach again.
Sorry, not much help - perhaps we should raise an issue with Tomach and reference this thread (I'm sure they read them all anyway - I know I would!).
Step