Quote Originally Posted by TurboStep View Post
Hi Mike, sorry for not getting back to you, I've been "out of action" for a while...
The G64 was discussed some time ago on this forum but for just the opposite reason:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormac...ml#post1662938
I thought perhaps Tormach had since modified the G64 behaviour (without a P parameter) to be more like G64 P0.005 as "samco" indicated above, so I ran a test with a fresh installation of PathPilot V1.4, the earliest version I have, to see if the behavior was originally different but my test code showed the exact same behaviour. Shred did however point out that he was using an early Beta version so perhaps something was changed prior to V1.4.
This is not how I expect G64 to behave per default (but then I'm no G-Code expert). I can see the advantages of both variants but I don't want the feed to stop unexpectedly for several reasons - not only does the finish suffer but the chipload drops briefly to almost zero during roughing ops!
It would be interesting to find out how Mach3 compares when running the same code but I don't have time to play with Mach again.
Sorry, not much help - perhaps we should raise an issue with Tomach and reference this thread (I'm sure they read them all anyway - I know I would!).
Step
Step,
Mach 3 was much more constant machining when machining contours, I havent been doing much lately, but hopefully will get back to it after the first of the year, the P0 did seem to help.

thanks