588,112 active members*
5,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Well it has been a little over 6 months since I bought my table and I am still pleased with it and I have ran quite a bit of metal through it and it is still running great I am able to cut fairly complex designs at 120 ipm for cutting a decent hole I cut at 60 ipm. I use the hypertherm powermax 65 plasma cutter and I have cut materials rangeing from 14ga to 3/8". 14ga has low speed dross at the speeds the table is able to run accurately but 12ga and above produces a very nice cut with very little dross that is usually easy to scrape off. Overall I would probably buy this table again. A floating head and a torch height controller is a must have.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents...

I bought a 5' X 10' table from Eagle Plasma a few months ago. I am very happy with the table and I had it working in my shop in a pretty short amount of time considering I knew almost nothing when I started.

Al at Eagle Plasma has been very helpful in taking the time to answer my questions over the phone and by Email. He has helped me with my personal projects as well as getting the machine up and running. He has gone way above and beyond with his costomer service generosity.

I highly recomend doing business with Eagle Plasma.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents...

I bought a 5' X 10' table from Eagle Plasma a few months ago. I am very happy with the table and I had it working in my shop in a pretty short amount of time considering I knew almost nothing when I started.

Al at Eagle Plasma has been very helpful in taking the time to answer my questions over the phone and by Email. He has helped me with my personal projects as well as getting the machine up and running. He has gone way above and beyond with his costomer service generosity.

I highly recomend doing business with Eagle Plasma.

I have cut a lot of metal on mine and I have been quite happy with it. Al is great to work with

How's everyone's machines working? I'm 80% closer to purchasing a 4x4 system from Al. I had a lengthy phone conversation with him yesterday and it was a good one. Lots of info shared by Al. It had been more than a year since the last post here in the thread and just wanted to see his things are going with your Eagle Plasma tables? Thank you. Btw, how is the resolution on cutting circles on1/4" stainless steel? close? Thank you

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Re: Eagle Plasma Table?

Ok so we purchased one and every control box we have been sent has had one issue or another. First X became intermittent and then Y and now Z is intermittent. It really sucks because the shop owner bought it to keep us from having to cut them by hand. Well we are 4 orders past set-up date and it still fails. If someone from Eagle Plasma wants to chime in... feel free!

1. Z will not travel without making a bunch of racket and then it makes the power cut out. When it does, the computer thinks it's still running... so you can guess what happens next? Yes it starts cutting where it thinks it should be when it clicks back on.
    2. We tried switching Z with Y and it makes Y get all noisy and then cuts the power out
    3. Switched z to X with the same results
    4. This is the 3rd controller box and each time it is a different axis
    5. The answer this has never happened is not giving me the warm and fuzzy

Call Al over at Eagle Plasma. They have the best customer service ever. I can't believe that he couldn't talk you through the problem over the phone or do something else to help you figure this issue out. He has spent lots of time with me and has gone far past what was expected to help me become proficient with my table.

If they still use the cheap 4 axis TBA6560 Chinese motor drivers in their controller then either go on ebay and buy a bunch for $39.95 (free shipping) from china. They are worth every penny of that proce but not more. Then just swap them out when they go bad!

[QUOTEOk so we purchased one and every control box we have been sent has had one issue or another. First X became intermittent and then Y and now Z is intermittent. It really sucks because the shop owner bought it to keep us from having to cut them by hand. Well we are 4 orders past set-up date and it still fails. If someone from Eagle Plasma wants to chime in... feel free!

1. Z will not travel without making a bunch of racket and then it makes the power cut out. When it does, the computer thinks it's still running... so you can guess what happens next? Yes it starts cutting where it thinks it should be when it clicks back on.
    2. We tried switching Z with Y and it makes Y get all noisy and then cuts the power out
    3. Switched z to X with the same results
    4. This is the 3rd controller box and each time it is a different axis
    5. The answer this has never happened is not giving me the warm and fuzzy][/QUOTE]

I don't have the Eagle brand of plasma table but I did have similar problems last year after changing the mother board on my computer. The original mother board went out and I went with a mother board that was suppose to work. With this new mother board I would have intermittent stuttering in all directions. As you mentioned the computer thought everything was ok but the part was scrap. Both the plasma table and computer company didn't think the mother board was the problem. We spent a great deal of time checking over the controller and plasma cutter only to find out that the mother board was to blame. We installed a different brand of mother board and the problem instantly went away.

I live about 1.5 hours from Eagle Plasma. Al spent several hours working with me and is clearly a customer service guy, par excellence. He really is a generous man and has helped many people that purchased other brands to work through bugs, when the other companies went under. This is not a prompted plug, or a sales pitch. I just believe he is a guy that will be there for you as you face problems or need help getting your system to work. The only rule he put on giving me his time was, that if a customer calls, I would have to entertain myself, while he helps his customers. By the way, he knew I was not buying and still did all this. My honest assessment, and a way to say thanks Al!

We have been running one of the Eagle 4x4 tables every day for close to a year now

I've had my eagle plasma table for almost a year (10 months to be exact) and I'll stand behind it 100%. I have a small 2x2ft table but it cuts awesome. Took me about a week to learn all the programming and cut speeds/amp settings. Been running it 3-5 days a week with honestly very little Maintance and its cutting just as good as day 1. Al is a great guy to work with and is always there even after business hours. I highly recommend their product for anyone looking to get into plasma cnc cutting.

Those glowing reports would offer more credibility if :

1. They were not the first or second post from the member (ever)
    2. If they were not done immediately after they joined
    3. If there were more technical realistic comments rather then what a great guy the owner is
    4 If the Posts did not sound like the same looping jargon in the website

Not saying this is (one), but in the past over the years several shady vendors (Lightening, Viper, Practical CNC), have setup new accounts or used friends and relatives to post to counter any negative posts

But... I guess if its on the Internet it MUST be TRUE!

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post

3. If there were more technical realistic comments rather then what a great guy the owner is

Not saying this is (one), but in the past over the years several shady vendors (Lightening, Viper, Practical CNC), have setup new accounts or used friends and relatives to post to counter any negative posts

I know I just joined last night. Please check out some of my work if you don't believe me. Just search koopa's off-road on Facebook or Instagram. I was reading some of the other comments about it and figured I would give my $.02 yes rereading it does sound kind of skeptical. Im currently building a 4x8" table of my own design but in all seriousness I couldn't be happier with the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post

I would pay attention to what Tom says.. He was one of the early fix-it guys, just trying to help guys get their sub-standard tables working correctly.. Him, and Les at Sheetcam.. I own a Practical CNC table, and went through all the pain..First one was a THC that cost over $1000.00 and did not work at all..
    (works great now with all the CandCnc/CNC router parts upgrades)

I think Tom forgot to add Burntables to his list.. If you look at some of those machines, it's the same old game..No real value by the time you end up fixing all the things wrong..

https://youtu.be/aH4rVFOKmvM

Page 2 of 2 12