587,202 active members*
3,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 305 of 422 205255295303304305306307315355405
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi. I am new to the laser cutting equipment, however I have been designing the pieces to be cut for a while through my shop on Etsy, AnneLayneToo, for someone else to cut. I am going to purchase my own, yes, Chinese laser, soon as a start up laser, and I want to be able to cut through 9 mm B/BB Baltic Birch. This is the machine that I am looking at purchasing...80W CO2 USB Laser Engraver Cutter Engraving Cutting Machine Honeycomb 700*500mm Brand name is KEHUI. I believe it comes with a 2" or 2.5" lens, which as I read is adequate for cutting 6mm...1/4" BB, but I can't find what I will need to purchase for cutting 9mm...3/8" BB or the settings to do so. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate your assistance. I am just starting out, so layman's terms please. Thank you. I look forward to making good use of this forum and participating in helping others when I have the knowledge to do so

Hi, I am a retired teacher who made many materials for my classroom. Over the years, many people requested copies of my documents and now I am making and selling documents on Teachers pay Teachers, but am missing the knowledge and background for making other types of things that I would like to make. I want to learn how to make things like tiles and manipulative items with printing on them, how to make 3 -D items, and more for selling.

Any ideas about how I can learn more about how to do this? Are there classes I can take? Are there companies I could work for where I could learn how to do such things so that I can work with them to make my ideas? I have no idea about what machines there are that make the kinds of things I want. Should I meet with or interview people at companies who make things? Should I consider buying equipment? Is there software I should acquire and learn to use?

I am open to ideas, suggestions, directions. Thank you!

Hello,
    I am Tina Lu, I am familiar with aluminum die casting mold in China, someone who want to die casting mold technical communication and business cooperation , can add my skype: [email protected]

Hi All,

CNC hobbyist here. Retro fitting my first CNC machine with a CSMIO/IP-A. All going good so far.
    Iv learn a lot from the is forum so far and hopefully I can return the favour at some point.

Brett.

If you want to cut thicker material you will need to do it in more than one pass or look for a 100 or 150 watt machine. a 150 watt machine will cut up to 3/4 inch thick oak in a single pass at 90% power and like a 2 or 3 for speed. Baltic Birch is much less dense than oak so you should be able to cut 1/4 inch BB with 100 watt no problem. Also if your already used to designing programs make sure the laser you are looking at accepts the type of files you are used to creating as some of the cheep machines have programs that make your head hurt trying to figure them out. I'm used to running 4 150 Watt machines to both cut and engrave, usually old wood. Also look at what kind of support you get with the machine you want to purchase. There is a huge learning curve with some of them so although you will have your machine it might take a month to be good enough with it to start making money with it, if you don't have the support you need to get it up and running.

Hey everyone,

Been In CNC programming for 5-6 years, now 21 years old. Recently talked my company to buy their first VMC, just looking to learn more about the trade and potentially seek more work for it. We also have 10 Acme Gridley automatic screw machines ready to run if anyone wants to send RFQ's. Located in Defiance, Ohio.

Conner

Just getting started in the machining world purchased a mill looking for a lathe.

Hello CNC Zone,

I have a custom cabinet shop in southern california, we're looking into taking our construction techniques into the digital age so we can produce faster, more efficiently, put out more jobs, etc, I have some experience working with a CNC shop, but I'm here to learn a bit more before I invest the time and money to incorporate it into our production process.

Hi,
    I recently joined the manufacturing world. We custom build truck bodies mainly. Also some one off special items for other companies.

I'm in need of a cnc plasma table and would prefer to build one instead of buy. I was in search of Plain Ole Bill's build thread and sent here by Black Forest of the Home Shop Machinist Forum (also a great resource for those who haven't visited).

Thanks to everyone who spends their valuable time detailing projects on the forum. It is greatly appreciated.

Tim

Hi,
    I am Damian. I am an engineering in Australia. I am looking to get into CNC machining.
    I want to buy or build a router table that can machine hardwood and aluminium.
    I am looking forward to being part of the community.

WongOne

thanks for your welcome. I'm machinist with 30 years experience,15 years as a cnc operator and programmer. I'm using gibbs cam mill and late. I have my own machine shop as well. Force Machine is located in 9960 Bell Ranch Dr. Suit 105 Santa Fe Springs Ca.

Thanks all for the invitation

Thank you for the invite. I/m a 19 yr Army Vet that has gone back to school for machining and CAD design. what little experience I do have in machining is from the military. I am a hobbist I guess you can say as I don't work but I do enjoy designing weapons and working with metal. I am hoping to learn more about building my own cnc machines to suit my needs with my weapon designs. besides I really enjoy working with my hans and trying to figure stuff out.

I am Vet. I started in the trades at a bow factory. I enjoyed being in the machine Shop part but not so much the rest of the plant. From there I attended a trade school. In 1974 I moved to Mo. and worked in the machine shop for three years, then moved to New Mexico where I worked at Sparton Inc.till 1999 through all the steps I became the Machine & Model Shop Supervisor. Still my joy was to run the machines. I designed and built a lot of the tooling for some of the production parts our company needed for their product, and tooling for Gov. pats I had quoted. I really enjoy dreaming up improvement parts to old reliable stuff and improving existing stuff. I have a little mill that's very accurate when it comes to making doughnut holes and squaring up Jell-o. Other than that it has a real problem. Still I keep dreaming up new stuff and render it in my CAD program.

Hello,
    Seems like we are becoming a socially stunted nation. With all the electro-gismose out there, we are in the business of looking for an answer to a present problem and when we find it, it's thanks and by-by. Not to great on standing or sitting still, taking time to chew the fat. I'm even surprised at the length, or lack of posts I've read. No time like the present to take a breather. Trust me I'm bumping that 70 year mark and don't know for the most part how I got here. Most of us "Hobby Machinists" don't have the foundation of a good theory based education. When it comes to machine shop practice, Does that say you can't machine, NO, it merely slows your progress going through the steps. That is why I'm glad this web-site is here. No machinist knows everything and "we all started at the same place----not knowing anything." If I can help I will if I can't I'll tell you.

Signing Off
    Shophound

Hi All,

My name is Bob. I recently graduated form PennState with an Engineering degree. I now am employed as a Biomedical engineer designing spinal implants/hardware. I have been machining since early high school, when my dad bought me a cheap Chinese metal lathe for my 14th birthday, I spent countless hours on that lathe and still love it to this day, although now its quite worn. When I was 16 I saved up to buy an old mill, and came across an old Burke Powermatic Millrite, which I purchased and still have today. In recent years, I have been doing a lot of knifemaking in my spare time, and saw the potential of a CNC mill to speed up the process of shaping the knives and cutting the bevels dramatically. I am currently looking at purchasing a G0704 mill and converting it to CNC with the Automationtechnologies kit. This would allow me to ramp up to production so instead of spending 15 or so hours making a knife, the bulk of the work could be done automatically,and the finsihing would then be up to me. I hope to make a few bucks with this mill by selling the knives, as well as machining parts for friends and acquaintances. I was really drooling at the Tormach PCNC 1100, but finding a used one is very difficult, and they are still quite a pretty penny, let alone the brand new ones; which is why I am looking at the conversion of the G0704.

As for other hobbies, I have a couple quads, a dual sport DR650 and a Z06 vette. I'm a bit of a motorhead, and love my toys! I also enjoy rocketry, time at the shooting range, and designing electronics.

I appreciate all the valuable information on this forum, and look forward to contributing to it as much as I can myself. For looking into the CNC conversion, this forum has already been invaluable.

Hi,
    I am Ronc. I am carpenter from Croatia
    I am building a router table that can machine hardwood and aluminium.
    I am looking forward to being part of the community.
    thnx

Hello CNC Zone,
    My name is Parker, and I've been in machining for about 12yrs now. I got into cnc machining to pay off my student loans, but realized it was actually an easy and fun trade that paid better than what I was studying for in college (Criminal Justice). Anyways, I landed on this website while searching for an average pay scale for my profession (CNC Swiss Lathe Set Up & Operators). I work in the medical field making implants, surgical instruments & tools for surgeons. Knowing what I make can help a person live life longer and healthier is a reward and an accomplishment all on it's own. My profession is very clean, demanding, and has no room for error (most of my tolerances are +/-.0002). I work in Warsaw Indiana which is the Orthopedic Capital of the World. Some of the best machinist work around here from all over the world, and they're also sent around the world to teach others at smaller facilities. I am very fortunate to get paid to learn from these people, and I am always seeking more knowledge. Which is why I am here..

Hi cnczone!

We are International Electronic Solutions. We repair servo and electric motors, drives, operator panels, touch screens, circuit boards, power supplies, and anything else related to industrial electronics. We're here to help answer questions, provide guidance, and fix what you can't! Check out our website Industrial Electronic Repair & Servo Motor Repair | International Electronic Solutions and let us know what and when we can help you out. Feel free to PM me with anything you might need.
    We fix it all! Give us a call at 855-437-3497.

hello CNC zone my name is lucioluciano and I have a hammerle with a cybelec7000 controller.
    I have problems with my press the X and M axes do not work and my answes is can I disable the X and M axes in the parameters page?
    thanks.
    atte
    lucio luciano

Page 305 of 422 205255295303304305306307315355405