587,775 active members*
2,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Where to get short length of ~80mm ID corrugated hose, preferrably clear?

Where to get short length of ~80mm ID corrugated hose, preferrably clear?

Hi guys,

I have built a CNC router (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...ded-steel.html)
    Works well.

Dust is of course a major issue. I've designed and built a prototype dust shoe. It features a brush ring around the tool. The whole thing 'floats' i.e. it can move up and down to handle different length cutting tools, and different cut depths. The major limitation in version one was working with small, short tools. I can overcome this by having the shoe able to move up higher, by having a hole for the router body. However, if I don't seal around the router, I lose a huge amount of dust suction.

So I'm looking for flexible, preferrably clear, hose that can expand and collapse (in length) and I can use to seal around the router. See pictures below.
    I only need 10-15cm. Minimum 80mm internal diameter (router body is 80mm), but a bit larger would be fine.
    I've looked at a few places, but paying for metres of hose plus shipping for the tiny bit I need is a bit ridiculous.

I'm located in Australia. Unfortunately we have significantly less range of products available, and particularly we lack big online stores for anything hardware related. An ebay / aliexpress seller often is the best option, but I haven't thus far found a suitable product.

Any suggestions?
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Re: Where to get short length of ~80mm ID corrugated hose, preferrably clear?

Can you make a spacer ring so that you can use 100mm or whatever size you have that's available there?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

These guys are in Auburn: Ezi-Duct - Flexible Ducting Australia
    Box Joint and Dovetail CAM software here: WWW.TAILMAKER.NET

I found this with a quick search on eBay New 1Meter 80mm PU Polyurethane Duct Wall Thickness 0 6mm | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Can you make a spacer ring so that you can use 100mm or whatever size you have that's available there?
    Absolutely, easily done. The problem is buying a short length of appropriate tubing. Paying $20-30 for a metre of vac hose, plus $20 shipping is too much when I only need a very short length, and may need to try a couple of products to find a suitable one.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBurks View Post
    These guys are in Auburn: Ezi-Duct - Flexible Ducting Australia
    Thanks, I came across them in my searches and will be giving them a call. In Australia, most businesses set up for dealing with other businesses (rather than direct to consumer) don't want to know you if you are a consumer, particularly if you are not buying a large amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxion View Post
    Thanks, I didn't have that come up on my searches.
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)