587,997 active members*
1,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: fagor forum

Page 2 of 4 1234
    Unfortunaly I don't think the settings for Serial port will help me. I need to connect it to the normal ethernet. But thanks anyway. Very interesting that you have a Bemato I don't know any other using these machines. Do you know any experts in BEMATO mill's?

smoregrava

Sorry, don't know any BEMATO experts, solved my own problem last time.
    Do you have the FAGOR Manual CD. I think it is online.
    I've attached four pages on 'Machine Parameters for Ethernet'
    I don't see the ones you asked about.

BTW What model BEMATO is yours?

Kiwi
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes I have the pdf manual. But it's not updated. Maybe the online version is? do you know where to find that.

your machine is callet BTW-2063R. A quite huge 3 axis mill. The mil is very afordable and until now the old machine have been working allrigth. Here is a picture of the machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bemato_fres_lite.jpg  

Sounds like you have the same as me.
    I don't have the site to view the manual on line, I would thought it would be the FAGOR home page.
    Looks like you will need to contact FAGOR.
    My machine looks the same as this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bemato BMT800FL.bmp  

They seems to be quite the same. My toolchanger is vertical only differese I could se. we have used this machine in continius production. 24 hours a day. The machine have worked allrigth. Only thing is that the chain to the weigth have streched a little. So these needs to be changed now. Have tried to contact Fagor but the mail adress on their web page is not working???? a little bit uprofessional maybe? Do anyone have a emali adress to fagor?

smoregrava

My machine is much smaller, X800 Y480 Z510.
    I choose this model because of its external measurement, as I work from the basement of my house.
    I understand that BEMATO is marketing company for a number of different manufactures and my BMT 800FL is manufactured by FUKUNO.

Kiwi

We have an Ajax lathe fitted with Fagor 800T controller.
    Can anyone advise what software we need on a PC so that we can upload and download programs from this controller please?

Free http://www.cadem.com/ncnet/ncnet_dncdetails-4.htm
    Do you have an RS232 port?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Conboy
    We have an Ajax lathe fitted with Fagor 800T controller.
    Can anyone advise what software we need on a PC so that we can upload and download programs from this controller please?
    The Fagor 800 control system is an old model controller that was really just a bridge between Digital Readout Systems and their CNC Controls. It is conversational, however, you can download and run G-code programs on the control. As a note, this control has not been manufactured in somewhere around 10 years.

The software you need is free of charge and you may download from their International Website at the following link. It is the WinDNC program and is a windows based software that allows for uploading/downloading of part programs, monitoring the CNC and drip feed infinite length execution programs.

At this main page you will find the DNC software download. www.fagorautomation.com

Good Luck
    Todd

Hey guys i was wondering is anyone knows how to do a sub program call on a fagor 8055m control. I need to call a program from within another program and i can't seem to find anything about it anywherre in the manual. thanks!

allen

AllenM
    Have you read chapter 14 (Program Control Statements- Subroutine Statements) Page 6 & 7 in the FAGOR Manual.
    I'm not conversant enough with it to help you.

Yes, Kiwi is correct, in chapter 14 of most manual versions is program control statements which shows you how to do jumps, repeat, subroutines, etc....

To define a subroutine in the Fagor 8040 or 8055 is pretty simple. Within paranethesis you use (Sub xx) to designate the end of sub you use (RET)

Example:

(Sub 10) Defines the following as subroutine 10
    G0x5y5z5
    M10
    (Ret) End of subroutine

To call the subroutine, simply use the statement (call 10)

If you choose "high level language" softkey while in the CNC editor, you will see these statements are function key options and you really do not even have to type them in, just choose the high level statement you wish to use and hit the key.

The subroutine can be anywhere in memory, the calling program will find it and execute it. Most who use frequently used subroutines will create a seperate program consisting of all these frequently used subroutines and then lock the program from accidently editing.

Hope this helps !

Good Luck
    Todd

subroutine

i know about subroutines, but do these span across programs? i need to call a completely different program to run from inside another program.. this is not as simple as creating a sub routine. i'm new to fagor. i know how to do this with an okuma and fanuc control but i have yet to hear any way to do it on the fagor and the manual doesn't list anything.. i'm going to search more i will report back if i find anything. to me it seems sub routines only work from the same program they are called in.

allen

just talked to a rep from fagor. you were right about the answer being in chapter 14. although the explaination in 14.6 seems vague to me explaining exactly what is required.

to call a program from inside another program:
    (exec p??????)

when the new program encounters an m30 it will return control back to the main program that called it.

apparently this lends to infinite program calls as well meaning you can call a program from within a program ffrom within a program from witin a program.... etc.

also he tried to explain a way you can call programs from the HD memory card or dnc as well.. how exactly this works is not listed in the manual but he said something about it defaults from memory. then HD = harddrive MC= memory card DNC1 = dnc connection on serial 1 DNC2 = dnc connected to serial 2. where this information is placed in the command have no idea. in case anyone is curious to do this i figured i would list the information i knew.

clear as mud,
    AllenM

Hi Allen,

As a note, regardless of where the subroutine or another program that you are calling are in memory, the CNC will find it and execute it. It definitely does not have to be in the same program and in fact they rarely are in the same program just because of the nature of subroutines.

How to call a subroutine I defined above. The subroutine can be your whole program as a note, you can even name the program "Subroutine 12" if you want or whatever and then the first block in the program is the (Sub xx) command and the last is the (RET) command.

However, you certainly can call another program and execute at anytime that you wish. Also in the same chapter, you should find information about the following command (exec Pxxxx) This command is simply stating to find the designated program and execute as you expressed you desired to do.

Hope this helps !

Todd

Hi Allen,

What the tech was telling you is that by simply using the following statement.

(exec P100, DNC1) : Meaning, the CNC will find the program 100 at the DNC program, which will be hooked to the rs 232 serial port. The Fagor DNC program within your computer can/does have its own directory of CNC programs that you may not have downloaded, thus the CNC will find it here and then execute the program.

(exec P100, HD) : In this case, the CNC Will find the program on the resident CNC hard disk and then execute it.

(exec P100, Card A) : All Fagor 8040's and 8055's have a Memcard slot, (Credit card sized memory card that is typically 24MB), It will find program 100 and execute from this card.

(exec P100, DNC2) : You can have a second DNC program attached to the CNC with of course its own directory.

And something brand new.... now as an option, you can have a USB port on the 8040 and 8055 controls, therefore, the new command (exec P100, USB) will now be in effect if you have it.

You can read this at the start of section 14.6.... but its pretty simple, I recommend you experiment once or twice and you'll have a complete understanding.

good luck !

Sincerely,
    Todd

from what i was told about sub routines you can only have 1 running at a time meaning you can not have a sub routine runing from inside another sub routine. i think this suits my application being i want to "daisy chain" multiple programs to run simultaniously. also converting all the programs i currently have to sub routines might be a little more than work than i want to do. i'm going to experiment more with both of these concepts as i have some good uses for sub routines assigned to key commands as well. i appreciate the help. i guess i really need to spend some time with the manual cause as i look at it now it does seem pretty clear.

DOH!
    AllenM

off to figure out the thermwood 91000 super control!

hello , i need to conect the machine with fagor 8055M control to my Pc via ethernet, any body can tell me how to do¿?

Dacumar,

Call the Fagor Automation North American Headquarters on Monday morning and speak with Alex @ extension 436..... he has a document he can fax or email to you that takes you through the procedure for Ethernet hook-up.

Fagor headquarters phone # 800-423-2467 if in USA

If outside of USA, 1-847-981-1500

Todd

If you haven't connecet jet maybe I could help you out with this one. I have done ethernet setup on bout our Fagor 8055M machines. The oldes has Netbeui. If your machine have this you have to install Netbeui protocoll to the computer you want to use.

If you are goning to connect directly to at comuter (not into a network) you have to use a crossed cable.

you find the parameters for ethernet by pressing shift, esc and I think ethernet parameters is under the general parameter menu( can check this if you don't find it)
    Here is my parameter setup.

eHDDIR \CNC\USER
    CNMODE 0
    CNID FAGORCNC2
    CNGROUP CNC
    CNDOMAIN WORK
    EXTNAME1 CNCDISKEN
    CNHDDIR1 \CNC\USER
    SERUNI1 D
    SERUNI2 E
    DNCEACT 1
    IPTYPET 0
    DIRIP 192.168.1.24
    NETMASK 255.255.255.0

when you have done this setup You can connect your kable and Restart you CNC machine. If you have the a new machine you just open windows explorer and type in the dirip. in my case 192.168.1.24 and you you will see the hardisk of your machine. If you copy nc programs to the harddisk throu ethernet you have to copy them from the hardisk to the memory on the CNC machine to se the program and to run it in operation mode. you don't have acces to the memory throu ethernet.

If you have the Netbeui version you have to make a new connection in Windows explorer to the machine like a new disk. If you have the paramters shown above the path will be
    \\FAGORCNC2\CNCDISKEN

Page 2 of 4 1234