587,480 active members*
3,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Enable auto airgun Umc 750

Hello. Is there anyway to enable the auto airgun feature by myself on the umc 750 if you didnt bought that option??

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Re: Enable auto airgun Umc 750

The soleniod valve is there and everything. Is the a setting to make it work?

You have to buy the option. The feature is activated with a machine specific code that you have to get from Haas.

Ok thanks for the answer

hmm...on our 2012 and 2013 mills, all I had to do was hook up the solenoid and the air gun hardware (I used some air nozzles instead). The M codes M83/M84 activate/deactivate the power leading to the solenoid's plug. Just had to hook it up.
    Of course they may have changed this in future machines...

In my case nothing happens when i try M83/M84.

It sounds like there may have been a change to the software. you might need to pay for the option after all.

I suppose the true check is to open the cabinet and take a look at the IO circuit board. There's a vertical row of transistors for things that include the air blast, horizontal pallet changer, etc. The connectors for them are located directly to the left.
    So....if you execute M83 in the MDI mode, you should see the appropriate indicator light become illuminated like in the picture below, and the connector should become energized. If it doesn't light up, the option isn't activated and you'd probably need to pay for it. I would find that weird though, since it works in my 2010 and 2012 machines. But I don't own anything newer to test.

Sorry for the bad picture. I don't have much light behind the machine...

Thanks i will look in to that

Quote Originally Posted by swedish steel View Post
    Thanks i will look in to that

Hi.
    Any success?

Hej.
    Lyckades du med detta?

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
    It sounds like there may have been a change to the software. you might need to pay for the option after all.

I suppose the true check is to open the cabinet and take a look at the IO circuit board. There's a vertical row of transistors for things that include the air blast, horizontal pallet changer, etc. The connectors for them are located directly to the left.
    So....if you execute M83 in the MDI mode, you should see the appropriate indicator light become illuminated like in the picture below, and the connector should become energized. If it doesn't light up, the option isn't activated and you'd probably need to pay for it. I would find that weird though, since it works in my 2010 and 2012 machines. But I don't own anything newer to test.

Sorry for the bad picture. I don't have much light behind the machine...
    Today i looked, and yes the light becomes red when i start m83. But theres no air blowing anywhere

It sounds like you have the software option available, but the hardware isn't present. Take a look at that picture again, there's a connector to the left which is labeled "air blast" which needs to have a connector wired to it. In my picture the wiring is white/red.
    That connector leads to a solenoid valve which supplies the air blowoff. The location of that solenoid depends on the year of your machine. Older machines have the solenoid located in the spindle head, whereas newer machines have all the solenoids located in the pneumatics cabinet on the side of the machine.
    If you don't have the solenoid, it's a matter of wiring it up. If you have the wiring but no solenoid then you'll have to figure out where the wires lead.

Cool. I have the the connector with wires, just have to se if its hooked up to a soleniod and go from there.