587,196 active members*
2,976 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: tool changer

Thumbs up tool changer

We have a Horizontal Machining Center with a 60 station automatic tool changer,the tool changer is always screwing up and shuts down the Machine so we cant ever use the tool changer we would like to start using it.is it possible to buy a new PLC and then tie it back into the Fanuc 11M control?

You need contract any people that do a new PLC to you !!! It's possible you download the PLC program, change the ladder program and upload again !!! The people that you will contract need's has an FAPT Ladder program to change PLC program.

Daniel

I want to get a PLC and program it my self and then tie it back into the Fanuc 11M controller is it possible ?

http://web5.automationdirect.com/adc...irectLogic_305

PLC swap

Quote Originally Posted by motomitch1
    I want to get a PLC and program it my self and then tie it back into the Fanuc 11M controller is it possible ?

http://web5.automationdirect.com/adc...irectLogic_305
    With the instructions of a CNC Tech, Sure! If not you may find yourself in a heap of trouble. I'm not a tech but have known people that have changed PLC's themselves. Hopefully someone with that knowledge will show.

Best of Luck :cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

All of the cnc's we build have a simple macro program to run arm type tool changers. This requires an addition to the ladder as well. It might be best if you contact your OEM and see if this is an available upgrade for your machine. I would recommend trying this approach first. If they do not, pm me and I will do what I can to help.

Also, what is the year and machine model? How does it always screw up? ie during the magazine rotating, during pot down or during physical tool change?

Its doughtful that the problem is coming from the PLC, more likely a limit switch, solenoid or adjustment on tool changer. If you put a new PLC on it you may still have same problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by Arr5ow Control
    Its doughtful that the problem is coming from the PLC, more likely a limit switch, solenoid or adjustment on tool changer. If you put a new PLC on it you may still have same problem.....
    This maybe the case as I remember an old Hitachi Seiki Fanuc 6M 1984 having the same problems with the tool changer. First it was a Solenoid Sticking Problem as Arr50w mentions, then it was a Mother or Main Circuit Board Issue. This drove everyone Nuts for Months. 6 Months as a matter a fact. When it was fixed it worked for about 3 more months then the Control took a dump. BYE, BYE Hitachi, Hello, Enshu VMC 650 Fanuc 11M 1986 We needed a CAT50 anyway for Titanium work.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com