4,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: DIY Tormach Stand

You can prolly whip up a pdb and save some money as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: DIY Tormach Stand

Here are some screenshots of a stand I just drew up, that I will be making hopefully this week. It is all 1/4" steel and 1/2" on the plates for the adjustable legs. It is all tab and slot and will be welded together. Spaced just right for a pallet jack between the leveling feet. I could weld on a bottom plate and fill with sand or concrete, but this will already be close to 400 lbs of steel. There will be box steel frame that would be welded on top where the 1100 will bolt down to. I just didn't draw it in this version. Also not shown is the sheet metal that goes over the open sections on an angle to enclose the entire base. A catch basin made out of sheet metal will be added overtop similar to the way Tormach currently does it. The coolant collection with be added in there and routed outside the frame. I haven't got so far as adding an upper enclosure at this point, but I plan on it, and it will be much more compact than Tormach's, which in my opinion is unnecessarily over-sized. Let me know what you think and if you are interested, I will upload the design up to the cloud. I designed it to all be cut from one 4x8 sheet of .25" steel with the exception of the small sides, those are .5" and are 6" tall, so easy to just use bar. The other pieces would need slotted and cut on a plasma table or waterjet. I currently cut all my parts on a Shop Sabre Plasma table.

Attachment 326948Attachment 326950Attachment 326952Attachment 326954