588,395 active members*
5,291 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Fun Day :) Pay attention to 6061 Tempers

Hybrid View

Re: Fun Day :) Pay attention to 6061 Tempers

+1 on the chop saw MESS. I had a evolution saw than ran into the ground FAST then got a Dewalt MultiCutt that is better, but makes such a mess I am rarely in a big enough hurry to use it.

Wish list is a nice 5HP cold saw.... mmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
    +1 on the chop saw MESS. I had a evolution saw than ran into the ground FAST then got a Dewalt MultiCutt that is better, but makes such a mess I am rarely in a big enough hurry to use it.

Wish list is a nice 5HP cold saw.... mmmmmm.....
    Did you have an EVO380 Raptor Evolution saw? I've had mine for 6 years now and cut up a LOT of 4" aluminum round bar and 2" stainless round bar with it....it's still going somehow even with the abuse it took from my employees that used to pop 20 amp breakers from leaning on it a "bit" too hard. Out of the box I wasn't happy with the geometry and squareness of cut, but once I got everything dialed in it has been a beast. I actually went backwards to an abrasive saw for a lot of my stainless now, but a 5HP cold saw would be a welcome addition here someday too!

Quote Originally Posted by pickled View Post
    Did you have an EVO380 Raptor Evolution saw? I've had mine for 6 years now and cut up a LOT of 4" aluminum round bar and 2" stainless round bar with it....it's still going somehow even with the abuse it took from my employees that used to pop 20 amp breakers from leaning on it a "bit" too hard. Out of the box I wasn't happy with the geometry and squareness of cut, but once I got everything dialed in it has been a beast. I actually went backwards to an abrasive saw for a lot of my stainless now, but a 5HP cold saw would be a welcome addition here someday too!
    No I had the orange RAGE model. Probably should have stepped up to the other one. I built a big cardboard box to house it in and be able to feed bars in the side and mounted it on a stand to cut 500 pieces from 3" round bar. Did a LOT of 1/4 x 6" bars and that was about it. Cuts started getting scary because the bearings were shot.