587,246 active members*
3,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Pondering selling a Partner 5

Pondering selling a Partner 5

Partner 5, Cent 4 controller, CAT 40, with a couple tool holders. 18x32x6 (knee style)

What would you expect to pay for such an a machine? Under power, all works, just moving into bigger machinery. In Colorado if it matters.

Re: Pondering selling a Partner 5

About $.025 a pound. With out pictures of it's condition, it's hard to tell. That Cent 4 would be the killer. Try 5K and see if anyone bites. You just never know what these things will go for in today's market. Plenty of Milltronics on Ebay these days.

Just bought a partner vm17 with centurion 6 in pretty good condition with upgraded computer, lcd screen, 20 position tool changer, tooling and 4 th axis ready. Down here there are a bunch of oil field support shops going out of business. There is machinery to find. This shop was selling everything that went bankrupt. Seem several other good deals lately on machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    About $.025 a pound. With out pictures of it's condition, it's hard to tell. That Cent 4 would be the killer. Try 5K and see if anyone bites. You just never know what these things will go for in today's market. Plenty of Milltronics on Ebay these days.

Re: Pondering selling a Partner 5

Hi Brian, maybe 2K if in good condition. I have C4 parts but it is a lot harder to service then C5+ machines. It is possible to update to a C5 / C7 control about 5K for the C5, about 10K for the C7 control. plus labor for install.
    The P5 machine is a HEAVY casting.
    I have one in the shop I've been meaning to put a C5 on for several years.
    I have a P4 that is about 50% complete for the C5 update, with some interest I could put it on the "front burner" and have it ready in ~ 3 weeks. This would have a programmable spindle. ~ $7500
    I have a P4 C4 runs good, looks good. 4K ( OBO) and it's yours.

other options available.

Sporty bob

I have a rebuilt P1 H, ready to go. $18K, 90 day parts warranty.
    I have a 2005 RH-19, available, C7 control, 8K spindle, 16 pocket tool changer, spray mist, custom drip panes and flood tanks. Low hours, good shape, ( except the X ball screw , It is out for repair) new axis belts and bearing, will be lasered and ball bared when done. 90days parts warranty ~25K