587,726 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Cheap Water Chillers!!!

Mine arrived, no viable damage. I turn it on and it says "check fluid". That's a good sign. So I ordered the fittings from the above link.

Re: Cheap Water Chillers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfong View Post
    Mine arrived, no viable damage. I turn it on and it says "check fluid". That's a good sign. So I ordered the fittings from the above link.
    If you want to do more checks before your fittings arrive you can, i did on mine. Fill the reservoir with antifreeze in a 50/50 mix if you have any, otherwise just fill it with water, then turn on the power switch and hit the set temp until it shows temp set and set it to like 20 degrees, then press the set temp until it comes back around and shows Manifold Temp. It will kick in and start cooling without the hoses hooked up, i think there is an internal bypass when the hoses aren't hooked up cause i can see agitation in the reservoir without the hoses hooked up, also the fans behind the filter on the right side should run, probably want to remove the filter and wash that and also if you have an air compressor blow out the fans and the grills on both sides, etc. Mine had a fair amount of dust buildup because the filter wasn't popped in all the way on one edge. The fan in the back is the air dryer assembly, mine never runs that fan. I found on mine if i put airflow through the dryer's input you can hear an internal diaphragm type switch flip with the airflow then it would go to dry mode and say DRYER FAIL on the display. But a power cycle cleared that and it went back to water chilling no problem.