587,262 active members*
3,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 4 1234

Re: Anyone own one of these? microSD card control box

Thanks Everyone for your imput, I did try and remove the Case but 1 screw is stripped and I don't really want to bend/force it open. I'm Happy with what I bought, this is what I was after, a CNC Router that can accept a USB or SD Card without a Computer involved, couldn't really find anything that allowed you to use a full size USB Drive so the Micro SD was the next best thing. Once I understand it and get all working then I will be as happy as Punch :-) I run my Laser Cutter from a USB Drive so now I can keep my computer in my office and do all my work there and just update either machine when needed.

***UPDATE***

The Company has gotten back to me with something thats useful, the Past week they have been refering me to everything that aimed at a Controlbox controlled by a cable ( Would have thought photos I sent and Where do I plug the Serial Cable in might have been a Big Hint to them? ) So finally I have the machine running ( Well Running the first line or two before I RESET it ) just taking things bit by bit. So I can load any GCode file and everything begins to run when I Click RUN. Next I went to setup the Probe ( Thats why I haven't tried to run a complete Program yet ) what I did find was none of the Limit Switches are activated so when I go to the max or Min Distance with XY or Z the Spindle tries to continue past the limit switch and you hear the GRUNT of the Stepper motor when it can't go further. I have emailed them asking them for the Settings to control this so just waiting for their reply.

Here are the two images they sent me to correct the Reset Error on movement. Also a Video that at least explains a couple more icons on the controlbox https://youtu.be/w2WbhDCdToU

Good to hear you're making progress.

Is there a diagnostic screen where you can toggle home and limit switches and see what effect they have?

Also - does it even have limit switches? I know my el cheapo doesn't, it only has home switches and then relies on software settings for the travel distances.

I get it the more I think on it (always been me ) could be fine once you get the knack of it .

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    Also - does it even have limit switches? I know my el cheapo doesn't, it only has home switches and then relies on software settings for the travel distances.
    Yes it does, I made sure this was one of my requirements and thats how I know they aren't working as I watched the Spindle hit and press the Limit Switch without being stopped. I have attached all the Screens of the Controlbox, I'm guessing it will be a setting here, worse comes to worse I could setup the Soft Switches but sure its not going to be a problem finding the reason eventually.

I still intend using Mach3, and have created a couple of shapes that transfered to the MicroSD Card and did load ok. I use Inkscape as my main drawing/designing for my Laser which I then open in the Laser Software, I see that its possible to export from Inscape to GCode so will see how that works as then it reduces my software needs back down to 3 different packages.

Limit Switches - that's either a pin definition problem, or you don't have them wired up properly.

Mach3 - I cannot see HOW you intend to use it with this box. The box already has a 'Mach3-equivalent' inside it. Enlighten me?

Cheers
    Roger

Here are the Machine and Spec ( $2700 Shipped to Brisbane ) for those interested

New DSP Control System

Independent DSP system, work without a computer.
    Insert TF memory card, automatic reading and processing files.
    By operate the control box, you can program and carving directly.
    G-code files can be directly edited, delete, insert, and so on

Machine Structure Highlights

Balls crew made it a higher precision
    Limited switches added
    2200W water cooling spindle
    Built-in frequency converter in control box
    Compared to smaller machines, it has a broad base and a thicker screw

Effective working travel 580(X)mm*400(Y)mm*75(Z)mm
    Shape dimension 880*670*530mm
    Max.workpiece dimension 750mm*450mm<90mm
    Work table dimension 750mm*480mm
    Frame materials
    aluminum alloy 6063 and 6061 the unique and dedicated mold extrusion profiles.
    let counterfeiters dwarfs
    acceptable material thickness ≤100mm
    Driving units
    X axis 1605 ballscrew
    Y axis 1605 ballscrew
    Z axis 1605 ballscrew
    Sliding units
    X axis Dia.16mm chrome plate shafts
    Y axis Dia.20mm chrome plate shafts
    Z axis Dia.13mm chrome plate shafts
    Stepping motor type 57 two-phase 3A 150N.cm
    Spindle motor brand new 22KW water cooling spindle, 24000RPM
    Principal axis collet ER11/3.175 mm/6mm
    Repeat accuracy 0.05mm
    Spindle precision radial beat acuities 0.03 mm
    Control unit triaxial one-piece drive + ring variable power + PWM speed
    Carving Instructions G code/TAB files/nc file/NCC files
    Communication interface through parallel connection with computer
    Software environment Windows xp/7
    Maximum speed 0-4000mm/min
    Carving speed 0-1000mm/min (different materials differ)
    Machine weight 60KG

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Limit Switches - that's either a pin definition problem, or you don't have them wired up properly.

Mach3 - I cannot see HOW you intend to use it with this box. The box already has a 'Mach3-equivalent' inside it. Enlighten me?

Cheers
    Roger
    Have them all wired Roger ( Plug and Play ) The Control Box allows direct imput to write the GCode so if its something simple I can write at the machine, otherwise if I want to cut something more complicated I just need to draw it up in any software that exports as GCode. At the moment, until I see if InkScape exports a true GCode then I'm using Mach3 to create the GCode, then saved to the MicroSD Card

then I'm using Mach3 to create the GCode, then saved to the MicroSD Card
    Oh. That method had not occurred to me. I leartn a new idea every day!
    It is not what Mach3 was created for, but with all those Mach3 wizards I guess it would work OK. Cute.

Cheers
    Roger

*****UPDATE *****

Limit Switches now working, here is the image the company sent correcting the settings. Next Problem, Correct me if I'm the Problem but when I select Probe, the Z Axis raises til it hits the Limit Switch and then reset is activated. If I click and reset the Reset and try again it again continues upwards and trips the Limit switch again, somehow I need it to stop before it trips the Limit Switch and then return back down to the Metal Touch Probe. Another Setting?????

OK, pin number problem. Now fixed.
    Probe operation: that can be a complex. But I would ask: are you telling it to probe downwards or upwards?
    Um - if you tell the Z axis to go downwards (-ve Z), does it?
    Cheers
    Roger

are you telling it to probe downwards or upwards?
    Um - if you tell the Z axis to go downwards (-ve Z), does it?
    Cheers
    Roger
    I found a menu item called Probe so that's what I'm clicking which always goes upwards. So I don't know how to send it downwards with that menu probe

Hum ...
    so if you are at Z=0 and issue G0 Z10, does the spindle go up or down?
    It should go up as that is the convention. But if it goes down, then you have the Z axis motor wired in reverse (or the DIR signal upside down).

Cheers
    Roger
    PS: off to bed.

Hum ...
    so if you are at Z=0 and issue G0 Z10, does the spindle go up or down?
    It should go up as that is the convention. But if it goes down, then you have the Z axis motor wired in reverse (or the DIR signal upside down).

Cheers
    Roger
    PS: off to bed.
    I will test the G0 Z10 tomorrow, I just checked the wiring and the connection plug between the motor and wiring can only connect 1 way so it maybe a setting rather then a wiring problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KenR60 View Post
    I found a menu item called Probe so that's what I'm clicking which always goes upwards. So I don't know how to send it downwards with that menu probe
    Wouldnt the setting on the "probe" line under the "dir" column in the screen in the attached picture change the probe direction if you change the "0" to a "1"? Worth a try.

Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Big S View Post
    Wouldnt the setting on the "probe" line under the "dir" column in the screen in the attached picture change the probe direction if you change the "0" to a "1"? Worth a try.

Shannon.
    Thanks Shannon, that worked, adding a 1 in the last cell, Now you would think the company would preset everything?? Like the amount of work involved telling multiple buyers where and what to change in the settings would make sense for them to correct everything before shipping. But I guess it all comes down to how experienced the end user is too. Spindle heads downwards now, I have put in one of their bits supplied as I don't want to test anything with any of my new more expensive bits :-) Touch Plate connected but on pressing Probe the Spindle doesn't stop when the router bit and Metal come into contact. So need to sort that next.

Hi Ken

OK, lots of hassles, but look at it this way: you now know a lot more about the machine than did before all this! This is value.
    Consider this some sort of educational experience, or perhaps a 'rite of passage' - which we all have to go through. Trust me - we do.

Cheers
    Roger

Totally Agree Roger, hopefully all the discovered information from this Post will help the next person like me that buys this type of Control Box, especially when there isn't much Basic stuff about it floating around yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KenR60 View Post
    Thanks Shannon, that worked, adding a 1 in the last cell, Now you would think the company would preset everything?? Like the amount of work involved telling multiple buyers where and what to change in the settings would make sense for them to correct everything before shipping. But I guess it all comes down to how experienced the end user is too. Spindle heads downwards now, I have put in one of their bits supplied as I don't want to test anything with any of my new more expensive bits :-) Touch Plate connected but on pressing Probe the Spindle doesn't stop when the router bit and Metal come into contact. So need to sort that next.
    Good to hear, on further looking it also seems that you can enable to home switches from that same screen I posted.

I am not sure if you have got home switches or if you have got your machine to home yet? But you will need to turn the "0" in the "Enable" column to "1" for each axis that has home switches. Depending on the switch setup you will might need to change the "H/L" from "0" to a "1" to get it to work.

To get the probe sensor to work the number in the "pinN" column will need to be set to the right number, the could be anything depending on how oyur machine is wired inside.

I am used to changing the settings in my DSP handpiece on my machine but this looks much easier to setup in some ways.

Shannon.

Anyone near the Northside of Brisbane that can call around and help me out on the last few steps to get this running?

I was thinking does it mimic another type of system that is already in use on other machines ,I would bet that it's not built from scratch but a version in use already the Chinese are damed good at copying stuff .

Page 2 of 4 1234