587,597 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > How to setup individual work pieces for multiple parts

Hybrid View

Re: How to setup individual work pieces for multiple parts

Mountaindew,
    It seems to be seeing them all right although it's a little ireggular, I would go with the 2D contour over it any day of the week regardless. Face milling is picking up all the stock. This is how I usually do the majority of my stock if it's not just a standard block of material.

edit:
    The image just popped up that you posted. Could be a bug. I'd send it in to SC America and have them send it to Russia.

Re: How to setup individual work pieces for multiple parts

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyb24 View Post
    Mountaindew,
    It seems to be seeing them all right although it's a little ireggular, I would go with the 2D contour over it any day of the week regardless. Face milling is picking up all the stock. This is how I usually do the majority of my stock if it's not just a standard block of material.
    I agree! I find some of the 3d operations generate all sorts of extra movements and more or less do what they want. I tend to use other methods as often as possible. In the past I have used igs files as stock definition combined with the casting option but found this has changed in this version and was tricky to achieve and when you tried to do multiple parts it had same problem as CR just pointed out.

Still there might be a trick to this that I have not found. like using the stock igs as the machine results form previous operation then create a dummy op to get this defined correctly not under stock but under part nd the operations seeing only what is needed to mill. I have found many different ways to get results because of the open model environment sprut has and tend not to say it cant be done